• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What annoys you the most about people in general?

1. I am annoyed when people use there when they should use their or use its when they should use it's or say could care less when they really mean couldn't care less.
2. I dislike people who are phony.
3. I don't like it when people are always talking on their phones. I walk my dog occasionally around a nearby park which is about a mile and a half for a complete circuit. I frequently pass people going the opposite way who are talking on their phones. We do a couple laps around the park and see these same people still talking on their phones. I really don't get how anyone has so much to say plus they talk loud enough so everyone nearby has to hear them. I really don't want to hear their conversations. I hate it when mothers are talking on their phones in the grocery stores while their kids are terrorizing the place.

I hate talking on the phone... any phone. So it really bugs me when I have to hear other people talking on their phones.

People who talk on the phone really loudly on public transport.

Elderly people who are overly friendly and talk to me about their children/grandchildren on public transport

Overly friendly guys who tell me their life story and also their political opinions

Overly friendly weird people who give me life advice on how to live my life when i didn't ask

People being too lax with other people's Boundaries in general.

Nearly everyone i meet irl is like that nowadays , and i am pretty sure these people are all nt.

3) people who say you cant self diagnose. Provided you do extensive research, yes, you can.

That one is really gets me!
In line with that is the assumption that you can't know anything unless someone teaches you. And that having acquired a college degree qualifies you as "all knowing" in the field of the degree.

I have found that anyone can learn anything they want. And to any level they want. I studied on my own to become a successful, highly respected electronics design engineer. I could not tolerate the social elements of college so - no degree. At work, I was always approached by engineers with esteemed degrees even some PhD's with questions on electronics theory, because their college courses did not cover everything.

About self diagnosis; it is not possible for anyone to know what is going on inside anyone's mind, except for the person. I have never met a mental health professional regardless of their esteemed level degree that truly understands what autism is. They only know a list of symptoms and traits, but they cannot know what is literally going on or what it is like inside the person - what they are experiencing. No technology has yet been developed to "read" anyone's mind. And, even if such technology was developed, an NT still couldn't experience the autistic's mind because the framework of their mind does not match. I am convinced that the actual person is the most qualified to make the diagnosis. Example: if you suffer a serious fall and feel an intense pain in your leg and can see that your leg is bent halfway between your knee and foot; you don't need a professional medical doctor to diagnose that your leg is broken.

Entitlement.

So many piss poor attitudes are rooted in the belief that the world owes X list of items 1 - 42*. This is one of my biggest door slam triggers because I know what the tessellated patterns look like. I see the behaviour I will ghost a person without a second thought because that type of behaviour goes toxic at a shockingly rapid rate.

Disruption

One of my greatest frustrations with people is disruption. Disruption seems to be a common human trait; leaving a broad wake of disruption in their path.

I guess that is one of the reasons I have such anxiety or fear of anyone approaching me or entering my space. As a child, I was deeply traumatized by other children as they would totally disrupt my room, my belongings and environment. Actually, I’m still traumatized by children – and childish adults. They all seem totally nonchalant about the disruption – and damage. As if nothing really matters. Note the resulting state of planet Earth after human infestation.

New Threads

Top Bottom