• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Women who don't know they're autistic.

Just out of curiosity, why would you do that? Wouldn't it be easier to say you don't want to take medication? This way all these meds will be recorded in your medical files as not working for you. If the time might come where you actually need medication, they might run out of options because the records states nothing works. That's just my two cents though, no offense meant :)

No offense taken, but with the French system, if I was to say no, I do not want to take medicine to a psychiatrist, they will use it against me. In fact, they may even say that they cannot help me further.

I do not need chemical medicine anyway. I use homopathic "medcine" that is far superior, but there is a lot of prejudice regarding nature, that I keep quiet.

I think Ladies are better at hiding their autism and surviving in the job market the guys.
It seems unlikely to me their are that few autistic Ladies out there....unless their brains are harder to mess up on the blood flow plumbing in the womb?
It could be both I suppose...I like autistic ladies so I would rather it was more as I still am wife hunting.
But it is maybe not a good thing to wish on anyone... I don't know?....I can not see my self being a NT...it would not be me.

Maelstrom,
I'm led to believe us ladies fare better with things like observation and mimicry than you gentlemen.
I have quite a good ear for sounds and rarely believe what comes out of peoples mouths (because very few actually say what they mean) it's the intonation patterns I can hear in their speech that helps me determine what sort of expression needs to be on my face or what questions would be good to ask or what inflections might be needed in my own speech to fit the situation.

I would never have been able to do that without keen observation.

No offense taken, but with the French system, if I was to say no, I do not want to take medicine to a psychiatrist, they will use it against me. In fact, they may even say that they cannot help me further.

I do not need chemical medicine anyway. I use homopathic "medcine" that is far superior, but there is a lot of prejudice regarding nature, that I keep quiet.
It's sad that the French system makes lying to your doctors seem like the better option. It sounds very archaic to me. I'm very glad my psychiatrist was more modern and respected (even applauded) my decision to try and battle my depression and anxiety without medication, after experiencing quite some side effects from medication during an earlier depression.
I myself don't believe in homeopathic medication, but I respect your convictions. If you feel like it's helping you, who am I to argue against that? I just really hope that future generations of doctors will start leaning towards this persuasion as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom