• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The motor dysfunction of Aspergers

Do you look at your fingers while typing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love to dance - and during that I am pretty graceful and coordinated.
Which is in complete opposition to when I am moving around the house. I constantly bump my hip into things, always have cuts and scrapes on my fingers, bruises on my legs. I always constantly hit my head on cupboards. Other times I have sudden excellent reflex but it shocks me when I do things others take for granted. Catching something for example. I always make a fuss if I catch something first time. I also tiptoe walk a lot. It's so comfortable! I have a tendency to do a small involuntary skip when walking if I get what I call a joy whoosh - it rushes through me for no reason usually and then tiny skip, just one. Can't stop it. That's a good day when I do that. Most days, ow, whoops, balls that hurt and so on. :D

I type slowly with limited finger usage and yes I look in the direction of the fingers but I am looking for the characters on the keys so I type the right words . I understand there's a better way I just can't do it. I'm clumsy and can't catch well, or throw accurately. I fall over sometimes, and bang into tables or hit my head in the kitchen especially tho whoever thought to put a head level shelf above the only place the bin can go is somewhat responsible also. Rubbish at any competitive sports. Actually I feel quite proud of my typing. Considering.

New Threads

Top Bottom