• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

A new Cat. converter to replace my present bad one. Darned things incorporate a flex section in the inlet pipe that is GUARANTEED to go bad within a few years, and that is where my present one failed. The part carries a lifetime guarantee, but I still have to pay the labor. At least this will get the cops off my back for a while.
They were stealing cats off of vehicles here a few years back. They are worth some $ even as scrap.

My printer ran out of ink, so I ran by Staples and picked some up (Walmart doesn't carry what I need). Part of me thinks it would have been cheaper to buy a new printer:

iest252120bc.jpg
Genuine OEM http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PACK-Epso...423768?hash=item33a53ac318:g:CloAAOSwnDxUlNc8 You are getting burned my friend ;)

I was in Curry's about 2 months ago buying a Printer cartridge for my HP Printer, because useless ruddy Tesco have every one bar the one my Printer takes, I would've paid about £13 (About $16 at current exchange rate) but my debit card was blocked, I was literally like WTF?! The Bank couldn't work out why the card was blocked, there was more than enough loot in the account.

Today, I bought 2 coffees from Starbucks, and 2 Cinema tickets to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the new Tim Burton movie, it wasn't bad.

If Walmart still sold what I needed, I could get the cartridges for about the same price. However, for some reason they stopped carrying the color cartridges. They had the black, but not the color. That's why I had to go to Staples. Office Depot is even more expensive and Best Buy didn't have them.

I checked out the link and that is a good deal. Unfortunately, they work through PayPal and I do not do anything with PayPal.
I forgot that you don't get along with Paypal...Those I sent the link to are the XL ones for what Wallyworld wants for the standard issue carts...

Amazon will let you make a purchase with either a credit or debit card https://www.amazon.com/IKONG-Compat...1-23&keywords=epson+252xl+ink+cartridges&th=1

I used to despise PayPal, but after 10 years plus of using eBay which insists on it I've kind of got used to it.

Yeah, I think the next time I'm going to buy from Amazon. I use Amazon gift cards for all my Amazon purchases. If I could buy everything I need from Amazon, I would not make my bi-monthly trip over the mountain to Aspie hell.
To avoid leaving my homestead as much as possible,most of my purchases are done online. I love having the auctions and retail right at my fingertips. I hope to score my next eBay in about 19 hours. Kind of cool to be able to locate and bid on 1950s machine tool parts on the 'net. It'll be cooler yet if I get them for the opening bid and shipping of $14.94 :p

Logan 920 drive hinges.jpg

To avoid leaving my homestead as much as possible,most of my purchases are done online. I love having the auctions and retail right at my fingertips. I hope to score my next eBay in about 19 hours. Kind of cool to be able to locate and bid on 1950s machine tool parts on the 'net. It'll be cooler yet if I get them for the opening bid and shipping of $14.94 :p

View attachment 28593
I scored these parts today for $14.94 ;)
On it wif boff feet :p

Lottery tickets, bought 2 lines for Wednesday's draw as it's a triple rollover, £16.2 Million, waste of money though, I know for a fact I'll get 2 numbers and win a free lucky dip, if that.

Battleborn on Xbox One and the first season of Supergirl on DVD, and then went in Pound Land and bought a pair of Vampire teeth for Halloween for £1.

Just delivered today was a 2L flask for storing hot tea so I don't wake up my folks by going back and forward to the kitchen late at night.:)

I ordered Shrek the Musical on DVD from Amazon last week, it was supposed to be delivered today, no post on the mat when I got back from work, smh, the postal service in this area is a joke.

Just been across to the Shop and bought a TV magazine.

Also, ordered CATS the musical on DVD from Amazon but I might cancel it if I can, I'm trying to save loot.

Last edited:
Bought these to use as general usage household fractional sized wood drills that have 3/8" shanks and was quite surprised by the quality of them.
The coating on them is probably thin and useless,but the grinding looks proper and the points are split so they push thru harder materials easy.

29 TiN.JPG

Bought these to use as general usage household fractional sized wood drills that have 3/8" shanks and was quite surprised by the quality of them.
The coating on them is probably thin and useless,but the grinding looks proper and the points are split so they push thru harder materials easy.

View attachment 28713

Are they any good? That is a lot less than I paid for my drill index set.

1000 fake mustaches at $1 per 10-pack. Occasionally, I like to wear one around town and make NTs I interact with laugh their asses off while I insist there's nothing unusual going on. Remarkably easy for an Aspie to hold a straight face.

Oh, but word to the wise, absolutely do not wear a cheap, obviously-fake mustache if you're going into a bank. Just trust me on that one.

I got them to replace a really crumby set of Chinese bits that were ground poorly I used with my cordless hand drills. I had to repoint every drill in the set just to drill wood and they were extra brittle to boot,so half the set was destroyed in five years. I will probably never drill anything other than wood with them and have top quality indices full of number,letter and imperial measure bits in the machineshop area dedicated to machine tool usage in metals. On another note,I have a drawer full of random higher end bits gathered along the pathway(literally thousands of them ;)) for junk work in metal that I either regrind with brad points for sheet metal or aluminum drilling or use as is,so this new set will never be used in metal at all.
Y'all gotta remember that I am a cheapskate hoarder with some OCD issues,so I like a little bit of order at the right price in the middle of the controlled chaos I call my life :D

I have a dedicated machine cutting tool bench grinder with a General branded drill grinding attachment on it. My blind old eyes are getting too bad to properly hand grind drills at this stage of my life :p
Sorry folks,it seems as though my forced update from Microsoft this morning had rendered my USB ports unable to recognize both my phone and my external drive now,so no pic available until I undo their latest mess :mad:

I got them to replace a really crumby set of Chinese bits that were ground poorly I used with my cordless hand drills. I had to repoint every drill in the set just to drill wood and they were extra brittle to boot,so half the set was destroyed in five years. I will probably never drill anything other than wood with them and have top quality indices full of number,letter and imperial measure bits in the machineshop area dedicated to machine tool usage in metals. On another note,I have a drawer full of random higher end bits gathered along the pathway(literally thousands of them ;)) for junk work in metal that I either regrind with brad points for sheet metal or aluminum drilling or use as is,so this new set will never be used in metal at all.
Y'all gotta remember that I am a cheapskate hoarder with some OCD issues,so I like a little bit of order at the right price in the middle of the controlled chaos I call my life :D

I have a dedicated machine cutting tool bench grinder with a General branded drill grinding attachment on it. My blind old eyes are getting too bad to properly hand grind drills at this stage of my life :p
Sorry folks,it seems as though my forced update from Microsoft this morning had rendered my USB ports unable to recognize both my phone and my external drive now,so no pic available until I undo their latest mess :mad:

According to Sportster, we are not cheap, we are thrifty.

New Threads

Top Bottom