• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that made you laugh

38a1cf08b250e06e37b44f0a3f114465.jpg

I work at a global company whose official language is english, so all business communications are done in English.
We had a recent payroll issue came up with one of our locations in Mexico with an employee named "Jesus XXXX". In Spanish, we don't pronounce the first J as you do in English, so we say (phonetically) HEYSUS instead of GEESUS.
So, email communication went to the business unit in Mexico to inquire about Jesus' employment there...When the reply came back in email it read simply
"No one here knows who Jesus is or what he did for us".

Well, having lived in the US and speaking English for many years, I have a tendency to pronounce English written words in my head like someone from the US may pronounce it (like GEESUS).
I immediately "laughed out loud" but was unable to share it in a "professional setting!"

MY INTENTION IS NOT TO OFFEND and I HAVE NO INTEREST IN STARTING ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT RELIGION, I just genuinely thought that particular sentence, read aloud in a US accent, was truly FUNNY....
jajajajajajaaa
or hahahahahaha as it is written in Enlgish

Saludos a todos

New Threads

Top Bottom