• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Taking things literally; any funny stories to share

My wife just said to me today that her ribs were killing her, and I imagined the ribs having hands and tiny knives stabbing at her!

Nope. They thought it was funny though. Apparently she forgot i was up there. I wasnt sure what to do. So i sat down and stared at the sky.

Sounds like me at the health center last time I had to go get bloodwork and a X-ray. They told me to get dressed and didn’t come back in to say I could leave. I stayed in the room for 40 minutes until a girl came in to restock the gowns and was like what are you doing in here?! I said waiting to hear when I can leave!

I was listening to the radio recently and a story began with the sentence , " New discoveries in science have . . . . . . . " , I didn't hear the rest because what I initially heard sounded like " Nudist coveries in science . . . . . ". So instead of listening to the story , I'm trying to figure out what a ' nudist covery ' is and why a nudist would want one . This also happens in conversations all the time and I get left behind in them . Kinda frustrating .

I was listening to the radio recently and a story began with the sentence , " New discoveries in science have . . . . . . . " , I didn't hear the rest because what I initially heard sounded like " Nudist coveries in science . . . . . ". So instead of listening to the story , I'm trying to figure out what a ' nudist covery ' is and why a nudist would want one . This also happens in conversations all the time and I get left behind in them . Kinda frustrating .

OMG yes...THIS exactly. I laughed so hard reading your comment because it's like, yay I'm not alone in this and I have experienced this many many times my whole life.

Here's another one , it just happened today . Once again , I was listening to NPR and tuned in just as they were having a discussion about the ' Tuesday solution ' in the Middle East . I had not heard of that one and was searching through the rubble of my mind when it finally occurred to me that they were having a discussion about the ' two state solution ' . Pfffffffftt !

OMG yes...THIS exactly. I laughed so hard reading your comment because it's like, yay I'm not alone in this and I have experienced this many many times my whole life.
What I’d like to know is what am I doing when I change one word to a completely different one so it doesn’t even sound anything like the original word to me ?I changed among to upon ?Why did I think Jesus would walk upon men instead of among men :eek::oops:it still intrigues me

New Threads

Top Bottom