• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spinoff question: What name would you choose for yourself?

. There were 7 Jennifers in my algebra class; many of them had crafted quirky spelling variations to make them seem more original.

I had three girlfriends named Jennifer, all of them blondes. I must say, they were all very sweet, just out of my league.

The Fall and Rise was one of my favorites when I was a kid. My mom had a hard time with the accents and the humor and couldn't understand why I liked it. I loved the pacing, going from mundane repetition, off to dreamland, then to some crazed, manic episode. It was also fascinating because every character was wacked in some way, but so real. I watched a few episodes last night, hadn't seen it for years, he actually reminds me a lot of myself.

My pseudonym is Bob Christian as a poet but if I could choose Bruce or Thomas Wayne

Pseudonyms, aliases...fascinating. I always wonder about the motives and explanations behind them. Especially in various forms of entertainment. :)

Zaphod did have two heads :)

zaphod2.png

I never imagined Zaphod's hair would be such a good look for you. :p

I had three girlfriends named Jennifer, all of them blondes. I must say, they were all very sweet, just out of my league.

That certainly reduced the chances of you calling the last one by the wrong name!

I'm neither blonde nor sweet, so we can safely conclude that you and I never dated. I always worry for a minute on forums when a guy mentions an ex-girlfriend named Jennifer. Someday I'm sure it will actually be me!

The Fall and Rise was one of my favorites when I was a kid. My mom had a hard time with the accents and the humor and couldn't understand why I liked it. I loved the pacing, going from mundane repetition, off to dreamland, then to some crazed, manic episode. It was also fascinating because every character was wacked in some way, but so real. I watched a few episodes last night, hadn't seen it for years, he actually reminds me a lot of myself.

I liked the show for the exact same reasons, and my mother was equally baffled. She's always liked British TV, but mostly just dramas; much of the humor continues to escape her to this day. Why I seemed to understand it at such a young age, or at least was able to really appreciate it, remains a mystery. I was definitely the only kid in my New York grammar school who couldn't wait to get home and watch a Fawlty Towers episode for the millionth time (there were only ever 12 made).

I am so unhappy with so much of my life I am surprised that I don't have any negative thoughts about my name, Nancy, except that in my freshman year of high school there were 5 Nancys in my English class. I would have named a daughter Sarah.

I'd be Sass The Madden. Sass is my childhood nickname, Madden is my maiden name, which I never really emotionally let go of when I married, and I think 'the' is the best middle name ever LOL. Even my Dad said he'd change his middle name to that if I do it!

It's that or Sass Donderwolk, which is a newer incarnation of my insides on the outside :)

Pseudonyms, aliases...fascinating. I always wonder about the motives and explanations behind them. Especially in various forms of entertainment. :)

Bob is my nickname and Christian is my late and very beloved grandfathers surname a fitting tribute

If I ever needed a pseudonym I would choose Sarah Louise Galen. Galen is a small, nearby town and the name is simple and pleasant. Sarah is my favorite female name, and Louise is probably my second favorite and it just flow between Sarah and Galen. I wold insist on keeping the 'h' in Sarah because I am a purist. No one would ever be allowed to call me Sally!

New Threads

Top Bottom