• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Socializing through music: does being in choir, a band, or roadie help socialize?

Yes you should, make a demo tape of it. The small bit you have told me is enough for me to know that record labels and talent scouts will feel the energy too. I'd love to hear the jam session, if it's as infectious as you say, then, I know a demo of the actual song would be great and, I do know a few people that want hard rock talent, I could help you master, label and, submit the demo so that it would get noticed. I would need to hear the song to design a label that goes with the song that will get attention.

Datura is also a good stage name, it can be used as a medicine but, if you aren't very careful, it's deadly. Perfect for a rocker, beautiful and plays music that can be a medicine but cross you or deny your needs and, you are deadly. (figuratively) It would be a name that would soon gain respect as an exacting professional that insists on doing it the right way and, having everything the right way and, that's a good reputation to have in this business. (Yes my facade is showing now, this is what I know, what I do. I've never made a star myself but, I rode that rocket with another at the helm and, I've seen and known many of them while they were being made.)

I don't know how much you are willing and prepared to do or how fast you want to do it, but if you really want it, I do know people that can make you a star, some will let it happen more naturally, some will push you to stadium shown in just two to three years. Those mean public performances as soon as they accept your demo and live televised perfomance within two to three months. That is fast, too fast for some people and, everyone that has done it says it makes their heads spin it happens so fast.

I'm sure you've seen the stars Simon Cowell and, people like him have made and, how fast they went from nobody to superstars. It isn't a ride everyone can handle at that pace. The music industry, at stardom levels, is a completely different world where the rules we know don't apply and there is a host of other rules you have to abide by. True privacy quickly becomes a memory. Even when you think no one is looking, there might be a camera or smartphone pointed at you. Someone might be eavesdropping or, just within earshot and be taking notes. People you think you can trust but, aren't a part of "your people" will betray you for the attention they might get by doing so and, you are perfect, even when you are having a meltdown, you still have to be perfect and never admit it directly.

You see the standard meltdown cover up a lot. This or that superstar left the band or abandoned the tour "citing stress and exhaustion as the reasons for his/her departure." Next time you see that, read it as complete meltdown and emotional shutdown for the next month at least, after having fought the meltdown on stage for the last two or three months and, all but loosing it in the last few concerts. It happens to NTs too in that world but the worst near meltdowns on stage are always those on the spectrum, they are also the ones that fight the hardest and stay the longest beyond their limits and, they reinvent themselves and, come back faster than NTs.

We do have our strengths and advantages in that world that NTs lack. I don't know what is is about being on the spectrum that keeps us fighting for so long, or lets us recover and get back out there so fast, but I know that's how it happens. If an NT and an AS performer both burned outh the same day, you would not see or hear form the NT for at least two months, then only a short press release. the AS would do the press release within the first week and, announce a new project, tour or album within two months, then release that song, album or start the tour a few weeks after that. I've seen it enough to know that's how it happens every time one of us has a major meltdown. NTS simply can't recover and get back out there like Aspies can. Maybe becaue NTs tend to loose some of thier passion for music when they meltdown but, we don't, we just can't take the stress, noise, crowds, interviews, people, fans, lack of privacy and, once we get the quiet we need for a week or so, we are refreshed and ready to try a little bit then when that works well, we try more and, soon we are back bigger and better than ever. Once you see that a few times, you begin to be glad you aren't "normal"

Yikes! I'm not sure I want to jump in quite that quickly. But I certainly appreciate the offer and am more motivated than ever to record that demo!

I suppose Datura would make a good stage name. I use my anonymity here to share things I don not feel I could share otherwise, and I am just a little concerned about that name leading back to this site. I have revealed personal information here that I would not want getting back to me in the real world.

That is where the PR team comes in, If you used it for a stage name, you would add a surname, and NEVER use any imagery related to what you use here, keep this email 100% private. No way of proving it's the same Datura. besides, unless you want to do a press release, no one ever thinks a star is on the spectrum - mentally ill people don't succeed, that isn't how it's supposed to be. (or so those poor NTs that don't know us think.) :p

Alright. I'll talk to the guys about cutting a demo. In the meantime, I'll set up my home studio again and start laying out a few tracks.

YAY! you go girl! I am always happy and excited to see someone come back to the music they never really stopped loving. You'll make it, it may be a hard road for a while but you and the guys can do it. I get a backstage pass to your first stadium concert :p Now get the studio up and break a leg, tell the guys I wish them well too.

FYI in case I confused anyone "Break a leg" is a term we use in the industry to wish someone success in a gig or recording endeavor. It basically means "good luck"

Ugh! It's been a frustrating night. My DAW won't recognize my ASIO!o_O
Until I resolve that I can't record a thing. :mad::(

Ugh! It's been a frustrating night. My DAW won't recognize my ASIO!o_O
Until I resolve that I can't record a thing. :mad::(

Usually that is a 32 bit/64 bit issue. You have one, probably your ASIO driver, that is 64 bit and, the other, probably DAW, using a 32 bit driver. Make sure both are the same, 32 bit is fine, that will work on a 64 bit computer.

New Threads

Top Bottom