• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

so fresh and so clean clean.

JoyChaos

Hi my name is Jade. I learned a lot about ASD after reading a great fanfiction. The story made me so curious because some of the symptoms caught my attention because they fit me. So i read up on the disorder and i mean i read up. For weeks and weeks straight all day and night, so many forums, blogs, educational sites and youtube. And my whole life nothing made more sense about me than this diagnosis. Anxiety and depression and bdp doesnt fit like this does. I want to get my offical diagnosis but right now i cannot afford it. I will get one eventually, but for now I just want to know some people who are on the spectrum and continue to learn and perhaps get validation in thinking I too may also be on the spectrum.

upload_2017-5-13_16-39-32.png

Welcome! For what it's worth, what you describe is a very typical origin story among those of us who were diagnosed as adults - finding out about autism, reading up and finding that it fits like a glove like no other diagnosis before, etc. Just saying, that's a positive sign, one of the questions I usually ask is whether when you were reading about autism if it sort of felt like somebody had written about you specifically. That's a good sign, too.

Welcome! For what it's worth, what you describe is a very typical origin story among those of us who were diagnosed as adults - finding out about autism, reading up and finding that it fits like a glove like no other diagnosis before, etc. Just saying, that's a positive sign, one of the questions I usually ask is whether when you were reading about autism if it sort of felt like somebody had written about you specifically. That's a good sign, too.

yes felt like they were stalking me specifically. i shared a snip from a blog that i completely felt in tune with and apparently so did all my fb friends too lol

Edit: i mean they felt it was something from my own mouth and not some outside quote

Last edited:
Hi Joy. That's an interesting way to find out that you're (maybe) on the spectrum.

It seems to me that the best validation you can get about this is from yourself. If it makes your life make more sense to you then it is valuable information.

You've likely come across these tests in the weeks you've devoted to research, but it only takes me a second to post them... Aspie tests

I hope you find what you're looking for here. And in the mirror. Nice to have you aboard.

That's how i came to join this site too.
I actually am in the process of diagnosis at the ripe age of 35. Looks like I'm HFA.
Keep reading and dip into these forums. I've found them informative and very helpful.
It's like a weight is lifted and you have permission to embrace who you are when you no longer feel alone... good luck

ok i did a google search and read what musings of an aspie had to say. i understand now. this is interesting.

Using their benchmarks the test is implying you may well be on the spectrum, with overall results (150) between the average male and female with ASD. (above 147 and below 163 sampled by over 3000 test applicants)

Of course it is just a test, and not a conclusive diagnostic mechanism. Think of it as a "tool" to help in the big picture.

Personally I've found reading about and interacting with other people here on the spectrum to ultimately be more helpful in determining my autistic traits and behaviors relative to those of others.

Personally I've found reading about and interacting with other people here on the spectrum to ultimately be more helpful in determining my autistic traits and behaviors relative to those of others.

I was about to say something similar.

Suddenly there's a ton of people like me.

Oh, and hello.

Hello!

It's always interesting to hear people diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personally Disorder think they have autism instead. And it's clear that doctors need more information on autism in girls to make a clear decision.

Welcome. Grab a seat and get comfortable.

giphy (15).gif

Hello!

It's always interesting to hear people diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personally Disorder think they have autism instead. And it's clear that doctors need more information on autism in girls to make a clear decision.

Welcome. Grab a seat and get comfortable.

View attachment 33814
they really do need more research with women on the spectrum. its really bizarre there isnt considering NT girls and boys act and like different things

New Threads

Top Bottom