• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

so fresh and so clean clean.

Hi my name is Jade. I learned a lot about ASD after reading a great fanfiction. The story made me so curious because some of the symptoms caught my attention because they fit me. So i read up on the disorder and i mean i read up. For weeks and weeks straight all day and night, so many forums, blogs, educational sites and youtube. And my whole life nothing made more sense about me than this diagnosis. Anxiety and depression and bdp doesnt fit like this does. I want to get my offical diagnosis but right now i cannot afford it. I will get one eventually, but for now I just want to know some people who are on the spectrum and continue to learn and perhaps get validation in thinking I too may also be on the spectrum.
Hello Jade do you need disability benefits if not its not going to change anything
i have a comorbid condition and everything is degradingly blamed on that even menstrual changes
i think my gp really dislikes the autism part of me

Hello Jade do you need disability benefits if not its not going to change anything
i have a comorbid condition and everything is degradingly blamed on that even menstrual changes
i think my gp really dislikes the autism part of me

No i dont need benefits for disability. i would like to get accommodations at school though or at work. that would be nice

hey there, Jade! =) I'm sure you found a good place here to continue you search, and I'm glad you found your way here =) besides accomodation which is worth seeking, I am sure - I am also sure that by understanding the way one individually functions as spectrum:being will always improve ones life and interpersonal relationship with others - if, that is, problems exist in this part of one's life.

It is quite true; there is no nearly as much information on girls/women on the spectrum as there is for boys/men. It is said, that that the relation men : women on the spectrum is 4 : 1. yet, I do not believe this is true. spectrum-girls and -women develop differently than men, and they display a different variety of symptoms. although; I think it is not a symptom a such - just a variety in processinv information. you might want to try the EQ-SQ test [look out for the real certified test] by simon baron-cohen; and then study what this EQ und SQ value means in general and to you - there a lot of scientific papers one can look through.

plus:

- I suggest here to look up Tony Attenwood, Simon Baron-Cohen and Uta Frith via search engine with keywords asperger's and girls/women
- I suggest here to use google books with these specific keywords; there are many comprehensible books, many self-help, comprehension and coping guides as well as therapy guides

hey there, Jade! =) I'm sure you found a good place here to continue you search, and I'm glad you found your way here =) besides accomodation which is worth seeking, I am sure - I am also sure that by understanding the way one individually functions as spectrum:being will always improve ones life and interpersonal relationship with others - if, that is, problems exist in this part of one's life.

It is quite true; there is no nearly as much information on girls/women on the spectrum as there is for boys/men. It is said, that that the relation men : women on the spectrum is 4 : 1. yet, I do not believe this is true. spectrum-girls and -women develop differently than men, and they display a different variety of symptoms. although; I think it is not a symptom a such - just a variety in processinv information. you might want to try the EQ-SQ test [look out for the real certified test] by simon baron-cohen; and then study what this EQ und SQ value means in general and to you - there a lot of scientific papers one can look through.

plus:

- I suggest here to look up Tony Attenwood, Simon Baron-Cohen and Uta Frith via search engine with keywords asperger's and girls/women
- I suggest here to use google books with these specific keywords; there are many comprehensible books, many self-help, comprehension and coping guides as well as therapy guides

Thank you i will look into them. Been obcessively looking and reading everything even now. currently reading musingsofandaspie's book. so far its really good.

I would also be interested in learning how to make more friends. Its something I've literally suffered with since i was 4 years old. the few friends i made in highschool weren't really the best of friend to begin with and theyre all doing their own things or i've burn those bridges now. I thought that once i was settled in a city i liked, at a job i liked surrounded by people who were interesting and positive i would make new friends, but so far, im SOL.

New Threads

Top Bottom