• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensory things that are irritating

Any loud noise (including children's voices; most don't even talk, they YELL)
Strangers touching me
Tight clothes
Clothes with scratchy tags
Socks with really 'feelable' seams over the toes

Etc.

Fingernails on black board is a pretty common thing to have a hard time with. Good thing that doesn't happen with white boards.

Fingernails on black board is a pretty common thing to have a hard time with. Good thing that doesn't happen with white boards.
you dont get that with white boards but you do however get that godawful agonising squeek from the pen being used on the board,i remember and feel that noise so well since my youth.

Any loud noise (including children's voices; most don't even talk, they YELL)
Strangers touching me
Tight clothes
Clothes with scratchy tags
Socks with really 'feelable' seams over the toes

Etc.

I am ok with children's voices but hate strangers and even some people I know touching me. I hate loose clothes and prefer tight things. Tags are annoying. And I agree with you on socks and slippers with those seems that you can feel. I wear mine inside out.

Watching TV one day I hear this strange noise I couldn't identify..

Louder and louder, drowning out the tv.. getting increasing frustrated

Looked over at my wife..

STOP SQUEAKING YOUR EYEBALLS

So that was a new one to add to my list.

Wow I have many of these too. I always just thought I was crazy...
Sounds: wind while on a scoot, a broom snagging on a nail, someone else brushing teeth, sudden loud noise

Being bumped is very bad, instant rage. Same with danger... instantly moving towards it.

Getting in the shower is agony. It goes away after a minute or two.

Hair on my neck or on my face. I have long hair and it must be tied back just so...

Strange though, some sounds I don't even seem to hear, like babies crying.

Two words: Vacume cleaners. You know that thing a cat does when you turn one on? How it flattens everything to the ground and scuttles away with a look of absolute horror on it's face? That's what I want to do. Ditto with the afore mentioned blenders, power tools and hand driers. Not fond of lawn mowers either.

Not fond of most perfume......except the stuff that smells edible that they always seem to have in undie shops. That I like. The worst thing is that god aweful chemical perfume they use in laundry soap and cleaners. The cleaning aisle in the super market is pure hell. I usually power walk through with my hand over my mouth like I'm making my way through tear gas or something

I'm not good with too much motion around me either. Crowds and busy shops are a bit upseting and I really have to concentrate to not bump into things and people.

The worst thing ever though are things that make that squeek noise when someone is rubbing them. Like dishes do when they are clean. It actually makes me want physically sick. The sound of it, the feel, all of it. NO.
And don't get me started on the feel of dishwashing soap and water. no NO NO!:fearscream:

New Threads

Top Bottom