• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Religion related opinion

well you picked the one person ever born to have the maximum number of proofs on Gods existence.... but I am not sure you really wish to hear any.
I have mixed feelings on whether you should leave the church if your heart is set against God...on the one hand I have see such people cause much harm sowing discord and disbelief among others....but you also may never come back to church once you leave....and die!

First off, if you wish to provide evidence then you may, I would like to hear some; but preferably in a private message so we don't just throw everyone else in here in some debate they want no part in. Also, I'm not against god, for I cannot be against something that I see as nonexistent. Plus I believe freedom of belief is one of the few things that make this country suck less than others.

Secondly, I'm not really asking if I should stay or leave the church or the choir, I'm just asking for opinions on whether or not me not believing is considered odd. I plan to stay as long as it is convenient and enjoyable.

Thirdly, if we were to continue could you please refrain from reminders of my mortality? I assure you that I'm aware I've only got about 60 more years (give or take) with existing. So there's no need to continue with saying something along the lines of Pascal's wager.

Hmm...well it looked like you were asking if you should leave sorry is we miss read that.

It's alright, probably should've made myself more clear in the initial post, no worries.

I am not joking on the mortality thing I am basically the hottest nuclear sub-atomic savant ever born I cracked basically the entire nuclear code all the way to the bottom Dark mater and energy included....I could put you in front of God himself in Zion of Orion, in maybe less than 2 years ....if the Pentagon backed me.
War between earth and heaven is possible in about 2 years.

Good for you, but all the credentials in the world mean nothing when supporting a claim, don't you agree? Facts back claims, not credentials.

My nuclear work matches things perfectly in on Zions space ships listed in Eziekial chapter 1: verses 21 on ...best read in the New international version.

1. The bible is not sufficient evidence. It's a book. Saying that the bible is evidence is saying Cthulhu is real because the Call of Cthulhu is real.
2. That passage is so vague who's to say he's talking about a spaceship? It's someone's interpretation of someone else's dream! If I told you about a dream I had with a demonic wolf, that doesn't prove demonic wolves exist.
3. The bible was written centuries after the events allegedly took place; human memory is the least credible source of recall. I'd suggest looking at this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12412902/

If that doesn't impress you my new nuclear weapon applications are more than powerful enough to fulfill the all lost flesh prophetic trigger for bringing the Messiah....they make todays nukes look like popcorn.

So you can make superweapons. Doesn't prove god, it proves that with an adequate amount of resources, you can kill us all.

I can also make Darwin prove Gods existence with his own 3 prime universal solid state universal laws and General upward evolutionary law.

I couldn't find anything on the universal solid state laws, and the only argument associated with general upward evolutionary law is the 2nd law of thermodynamics. You realize that the 2nd law only applies to closed systems, right? And earth is the farthest thing from a closed system. Also life simply adapts to the environment, there's no path to get more or less elaborate, just minute changes that organisms use to adapt to their environment over long periods of time. If that is not the case, please elaborate.

Job has star references that no earth man of that time could know or see in the night time sky...and God names animals that were already dead fossils....no one new about such things then.

Sources please.

My hard pattern calculations and science say all life will be dead on earth in about 30 years or less...I stand behind that firmly....I am not in the habit of being wrong very much...
believe what you like...I have no problem writing about such things in public I write all the time on it in my thread... I'll take the Mod heat.

We've known since about the 70's that we're pretty much killing ourselves and everything else on this planet. Just more scare tactics and common knowledge that doesn't prove your claim.

Is that enough proof or would you like more detail?

My life was physically saved by a angel when I was a about 6

too!

Well that's your subjective experience, and it's not viable or testable. If you and I drop acid, yes in a half hour we'd be tripping, but we'd most likely be seeing different things. You can't say if you drop acid you will definitely see a dragon if I see something else.

Hope that was a good enough rebuttal.

not wanting to talk about religion on a thread started about Religion is a red flag....no offense intended.

Usually it turns out to just be anti-Religion bait thread.

No Atheist has ever been strong enough to hold the line against my science yet.:rolleyes:

I have defeated whole university physics departments... science does not back Atheism at all...their work is riddled with law and logic violations....mostly just made up rubbish.

Well initially I just wanted opinions on my presence somewhere, I didn't really ask for this but it mutated that way, it seems like a lot of things automatically go to religion, I think it's just human nature...

Well that's your subjective experience, and it's not viable or testable. If you and I drop acid, yes in a half hour we'd be tripping, but we'd most likely be seeing different things. You can't say if you drop acid you will definitely see a dragon if I see something else.

Hope that was a good enough rebuttal.
There is a difference between taking LSD and having your life saved, it's not even close to a fair comparison.

I was simply using LSD to explain subjective experiences and how in some cases someone can interpret something differently than someone else. Having your life saved is different than an acid trip, I know this, but how am I supposed to test if an angel saved him? I can't really, unless you have an idea or two

I was simply using LSD to explain subjective experiences and how in some cases someone can interpret something differently than someone else. Having your life saved is different than an acid trip, I know this, but how am I supposed to test if an angel saved him? I can't really, unless you have an idea or two
I'm pretty sure that we all know that subjective experiences fall under the anecdotal fallacy and do not prove anything. Maelstrom and I have both offered to discuss scientific proofs. I am personally more comfortable doing that via PM due to the rule about debating religion here. If you like, send me a message with what you see as a problem with Christian faith, and I will answer it logically and scientifically if possible. I don't have all the answers, but I have enough to be sure in my faith. I don't want to just randomly pick a proof and send to you, as I do not know where you stand on various issues nor do I know what your knowledge base includes. I hope this makes sense...

I'm pretty sure that we all know that subjective experiences fall under the anecdotal fallacy and do not prove anything. Maelstrom and I have both offered to discuss scientific proofs. I am personally more comfortable doing that via PM due to the rule about debating religion here. If you like, send me a message with what you see as a problem with Christian faith, and I will answer it logically and scientifically if possible. I don't have all the answers, but I have enough to be sure in my faith. I don't want to just randomly pick a proof and send to you, as I do not know where you stand on various issues nor do I know what your knowledge base includes. I hope this makes sense...

Very well, if you wish

Once more just to cover my bases: I have no issue with people attending religious services, I like the idea of religious freedom, I do not want anyone to stop believing whatever it is that they believe, I simply don't subscribe to this hypothesis, I see no evidence, but if you do, go ahead and do whatever it is that you need to do within legal rights. That is all I have to say.

This is a set up bait thread for Christians....one of their worst Atheist Trolls is following me as we speak!

I would Exit this thread Valentine....he clearly started a religious thread, and is now playing the I don't discuss religion card ....it is a set up!

All my post are pre-emtively removed I know how you boys play!

I assure you I did not intend this, the conversation mutated. If you still feel otherwise, I remind you that my initial question was not about the existence of god, but if it would be considered odd if I were somewhere for not the intended reason.

I don't believe you....your position has been sliding steadily towards the Atheist side.
I have seen this before
I am already lit up with a Hardcore Atheist Troll
I am off this thread

I said I was an atheist in my initial post, you're just ignoring what I've been saying and going on this delusion. I didn't want to debate the existence of a higher power, it just naturally went this way. And even with that in mind all I did was offer rebuttals your arguments for god in a clear and logical way. (Also mannerly, may I add) so if you still don't believe me, fine, I can't really blame you seeing it as we're talking on the internet, but if you just dismiss people because of suspicion of trolling, then what you're doing is creating an echo chamber where all you hear is what you want to hear and rejecting any sort of logical argument that may challenge your worldview. Thanks for at least the stimulating debate, really a thought provoker.

Out of fairness, was any of this real? Idk anymore I'm trying to dissect what the hell is going on.....

Anthony, you're fine. You asked a legitimate question about a situation that you perceive as unusual. Not your fault other users highjacked the conversation.

Anthony, you're fine. You asked a legitimate question about a situation that you perceive as unusual. Not your fault other users highjacked the conversation.

Thanks man, I thought I was going crazy or something...I mean I'm bad enough with face-to-face interactions, I thought a place like this would be free of this type of behavior...well that's what I get for raising my expectations of people, learned my lesson

When my doc diagnosed me, he wrote in part "Individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome have a hard time mastering common social skills and therefore may inadvertently offend others. They also may neglect social niceties and may sometimes appear uncomprehending of what to most others are apparent social implications."
We all know this, of course, and I try to keep it in mind when I'm writing, but it helps me to keep it in mind when reading too.
I thought a place like this would be free of this type of behavior
No offense intended to anyone, but, AnthonyH, we are all a bunch of Aspies here, and this kind of thing is more likely to happen because we are Aspies.

1477078708364.jpg

I think that people are people. There are good people and bad people. Religion does not make people good or bad BUT Good people will often cite their religious beliefs in them doing good things and the bad people will cite their religion for them doing bad things. It is the same beliefs seen in different light or in a different emphasis.
Religion is just an ideology.
I do think there is a lot of positives in religion and a lot of negatives in religion.

New Threads

Top Bottom