• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Religion forum?

Sportster

Aged to Perfection
V.I.P Member
I really wish I could find or establish a group, forum, whatever for Aspies of faith. In an odd way, having faith, regardless one's denomination, and being an Aspie is challenging; more so in the NT world. The last church I attended, I disclosed to the pastor that I have Asperger's. He was "sympathetic." I'm not defective, my brain just works different. I would love to fellowship with other Aspies of like faith who have the same challenges as I in church, as believers in an NT world, etc. I did find an Aspie forum on a Christian site once. I have but one thing to say about that, "Yeah, right."

Last edited:
While I agree that there should be a place for it, it has pretty much show that it doesn't work. Religion, just like politics, will draw controversy and the proverbial excrement will hit the wind displacement device within hours (and that might even be optimistic).

Perhaps regulars (or even just VIP's) could have a section for it since I think it's safe to say these people are trusted and known within the community rather than people joining the forum and just barge in causing controversy (and just sign up for that).

But that would ultimately be up to Brent, to create a section that only gives selected members the ability to sign in. From a moderating standpoint that would be a good solution I think, since I don't think any of the staff would want play referee on those topics on a regular basis.

I think we'd be inviting a lot more work for the moderators here with something like this. Though if you have a particular topic you would like to talk about religion wise there are a few forums where it would fit in I am sure.

While I agree that there should be a place for it, it has pretty much show that it doesn't work. Religion, just like politics, will draw controversy and the proverbial excrement will hit the wind displacement device within hours (and that might even be optimistic).

Indeed. Sometimes I want to point out that I suspect for most of us just the day-to-day existence of having some form of autism places enough controversy in our lives to discuss and overcome without all the mainstream issues that so often have us all at each others throats.

Perhaps regulars (or even just VIP's) could have a section for it since I think it's safe to say these people are trusted and known within the community rather than people joining the forum and just barge in causing controversy (and just sign up for that).

But that would ultimately be up to Brent, to create a section that only gives selected members the ability to sign in. From a moderating standpoint that would be a good solution I think, since I don't think any of the staff would want play referee on those topics on a regular basis.
King Oni is speaking from a depth of experience as a long term moderator.
I do think there is a need for such a place, but am doubtful as to how, in practice, it could ever be done.

With the old software there was a feature where you could create "social groups," but I don't know if you can do that with the new setup. That would have been my first recommendation.

New Threads

Top Bottom