• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rayner's adventure in Lubbock

My infant niece lily is more qualified than any of those three goobers and she would look helluva lot cuter standing on a ladder. Granted one of those 'insert expletive here' is 24, the bosses son and attended Texas A&M never finnished. The reason he's qualified to be my boss was that while at A&M he was a part of the fighting Aggie band. Now to be in the band at A&M you have to be in the corp of cadets (ROTC), don't get me wrong it's nothing against the corp of cadets. I just don't need some grown a$$ man following me around playing solider while telling me what to do or how to do it. I kid you not Sporterster that clown shows up in his ROTC from fatigues to the site.

Trust me 100% you're not a narcissist. You want An example of a narcissist thst solider wannabe probably qualifies.

See, the crap I've gotta deal with...wait for it kids these days. Jeez Give me a break

I forgot to add he's the someone that's all hat but no cattles that's the best why I can describe that management dynamic.

That's great you'll get to head home for a while. I had to laugh about the bosses, because if they had three IQ points they'd be over-qualified.:D

Anyway, since you're headed back to Dallas, I thought of this:

Last edited:
supposed brains of the company I work for( my boss and their bosses ) don't have 2 IQ points to rub together it seems like.

On the bright side, I'm just blessed to be employed.

"The boss ain't always right,but he is always the boss" I worked for quite a few incompetent managers. Never understood that mentality where they ignore the ones that have the answers but praise those who are dragging them down.

I don't understand that either. It's just stupid business and management practice. Why would praise the ones that aren't profitable?

"The boss ain't always right,but he is always the boss" I worked for quite a few incompetent managers. Never understood that mentality where they ignore the ones that have the answers but praise those who are dragging them down.

My work history started out as self-employment that was pretty much in place my entire life. I went to work for others who basically only exploited my talents. I went along with their program by being seduced with money until I was dragged to another company by the next one that wanted me next.
For a while,it was just name your price and move along to greener pastures. When the stuff got too messed up to deal with at a place,I could rely on what I already had going on that was on the side to keep the cash flowing.

Running a business is a challenge,but then you get to call all of the shots. The downside is when the mistakes start catching up to you because you know exactly who to blame :p

I call all of my little side business ventures "running the scam"

The scam has always treated me proper :D

That's very true. I'm inclined to think that a business is only as good as the people it hires.

My work history started out as self-employment that was pretty much in place my entire life. I went to work for others who basically only exploited my talents. I went along with their program by being seduced with money until I was dragged to another company by the next one that wanted me next.
For a while,it was just name your price and move along to greener pastures. When the stuff got too messed up to deal with at a place,I could rely on what I already had going on that was on the side to keep the cash flowing.

Running a business is a challenge,but then you get to call all of the shots. The downside is when the mistakes start catching up to you because you know exactly who to blame :p

When I hit the first rung of the corporate ladder and became management,I fully understood that happy workers gave you the best results in work output. You give them respect and they in turn give it back.

As a boss or manager,I would never assign a job I would not do myself.

Let me ask you this Nitro. As the boss would you show up to a jobsite in your ROTC fatigues because you're the boss? :rolleyes:

It's like the guy the drives a truck that jacked up in the air with massive tires, a loud obnoxious exhaust, and those gimmicky off road lights. The guy that drives that truck wants everyone to know he's an obnoxious person. :p:D

When I hit the first rung of the corporate ladder and became management,I fully understood that happy workers gave you the best results in work output. You give them respect and they in turn give it back.

As a boss or manager,I would never assign a job I would not do myself.

I always have said that being the CEO was like being a fire chief where you were the one who determined which fire needed fought in what order by which crew :p

The ROTC thing is weird fer sure :rolleyes:

Maybe he never had a blanket party in the service :D

You're exactly rightly he never had a blanket party in the service. Because he hasn't finnished his degree, he wasn't offered a commission into the service. He's in the corp of cadets at Texas A&M, Texas A&M has the highest number of "cadets" that receive commissions into the armed forces. I'm sure you're familiar with the "corp of cadets" that Texas A&M is realitive well known for?

The ROTC thing is weird fer sure :rolleyes:

Maybe he never had a blanket party in the service :D

The military is always looking recruits who love to play their game,unfortunately some of them are backstabbing pricks only looking to gain rank

Exactly. Well this clown really screwed himself over. Because he recieved a major government grant In exchange for so many years of active military service that he didn't follow through on. Now Uncle Sam is expecting a him to repay the government for paying for 6 years of college and he has no degree to fall back on in the civilian world. That's mucho Mula of our tax Dollars.

Think about it:confused:.

The military is always looking recruits who love to play their game,unfortunately some of them are backstabbing pricks only looking to gain rank

Yeah,the military was investing in him,he owes them back for not holding up his end of the deal

The way I see it our hard earned tax dollars paid for his college tuition, yet this 'insert expletives here' his my one of my bosses because daddy was kind enough to give him a job.

Kids these days... I swear. :confused: Wait I am in a lot of ways a still kid. That's sends cold shivers down my spine.:eek::p

Yeah,the military was investing in him,he owes them back for not holding up his end of the deal

In all honesty, If the guy wasn't such an idiot and was actually in the service It would be easier for me to wrap my mind around why he would want to walk around in his fatigues. Would you agree Sporterster? You served in the army.

I'm just here shaking my head at kids these days yet I'm 7 years younger than him. I'm two weeks away From turning 18(granted I'ved been legally my own guardian since I was emancipated at 16)

I've known other guys that are in and went through the corps of cadets at Texas A&M, so I know It's not exactly an easy organization to get into. I'm just left wondering how this guy got in.

The university I work at doesn't have ROTC, so they have to go to Alabama A&M. I've seen those goobers strutting around in their fatigues on campus before going over to A&M for their class (or whatever it's called). One of them lived next door to me with his girlfriend. I asked him once if he had any other clothes since it seemed like all he wore was those fatigues.

So, with that said, I know the type you're talking about. They must have a special block of instruction on how to be arrogant idiots.

That's exactly what he is a soldier boy wanna-be. It's strange change because I've had and have friends in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M but non of those guys are like this one dude. Texas A&M as a whole and the Corp of Cadets are known in the state for heavy recruiting of Eagle Scouts. After I looked deeper into it, of all of the male cadets that make up Corp of Cadets over 75% of them are Eagle Scouts. Witch is why other people I know In the Corp don't act like this moron that I get the pleasure of working on.

It sounds like he's a "soldier wanna-be." There were a few like that in my assigned building at work that I enjoyed screwing with, because I can still talk the talk after all these years. Those types usually don't follow through with the actual commission, and if they do they figure out a way to avoid getting sent someplace nasty.

Fortunately I get to a few days off from work while the stockyards takes care of some other stuff. The job isn't completed yet, but it's made decent progress. I left Lubbock on Saturday I had brunch with some of the guys in Abliene. Now I'm at my sisters place doing laundry and playing with my niece.

I'm having a great time. My niece Lily is always loves to spends with me. Witch is good because I love to spend time with her.

Sounds like you're having a nice time. It's good to spend time with family and get away from it all. Enjoy!!!:)

I will try to get some pics of my tools up for you and everyone too see. I'm starting to need to upgrade my Toolrig's I wear because there starting not to hold up to the day to day use I put them through.

What kind wood working do you like to do?
What kind of tools do have and like too use?

It's been quite a while since I've done any wood work. The majority of wood work was at school and college, so 11-19yo and helping my dad with projects round the house. These tended to be things such as making shelves or adding addition wooden slats to a bed.

Plywood and pine have been the types of wood I've worked with most often.

My favourite tools are a spiral-ratchet screwdriver, low angle block plane and a tenon saw. I like tools that have wooden handles rather than plastic, which most of my dad's tools do.

I've always like the experience of working with wood, and something as basic as the method that I was taught at school for starting off a cut in a piece of wood with a saw, I would enjoy as much today as when I was first taught how to do it.

So, using my thumb nail to guide the tenon saw for the first few times that it is pulled towards myself, and the sensation of the the wood starting to be cut. Then once the cut is deep enough, being able to start doing downward strokes aswel.

Also, planing wood is something I always enjoyed, in part due to the 'curly' shavings that it produced and I really like the smell of wood/woodworking rooms too.:D

Do you have favourite tools or tools that you like to use?
What do you enjoy about working with wood?

New Threads

Top Bottom