• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

RAISED by a FATHER with SUSPECTED ASPERGERS.

thank you, that's really sweet of you! I did try to get out, un-membership myself, but I can't see how you do it.
You can't actually un-member yourself, but if you feel you don't want to be a part of this forum, we can take steps to see that it happens.

I personally don't see the point in leaving on a permanent basis as you could gain a lot of educational insight as to how some on the autism spectrum function.

Stick around, lurk or just read, as stated by CLG114, all are welcome here. We are known for having communication issues time and again, so don't let that bother you one bit ;)

Welcome. Please don’t let one bad Aspie dampen your opinion on all of us.
that's really sweet of you, but as odd as this may sound given the bad reactions I managed unwittingly to cause amongst a few people here yesterday, I don't form opinions about people I haven't met. I form opinions about situations I have experienced, that's true. And so, as I don't have an opinion about all, or any of you, it can't be dampened! Lol. I do have an opinion about my father because I had to live under his rule for 18 years, and I think that's fair enough, but the idea of extending that opinion to all people who might have something in common with him would be unbelievably child-like, wouldn't it? Just imagine that as a general rule of how we live in society, you know.... all people with blue eyes are wicked, you see I had a mother with blue eyes and she was wicked so I know that all blue-eyed people are also wicked. It's just not real is it? (I'm saying this to you, because you were kind enough to write, but I'm hoping that other people get my drift, and maybe reflect a little on yesterday's exchange.)
You can't actually un-member yourself, but if you feel you don't want to be a part of this forum, we can take steps to see that it happens.

I personally don't see the point in leaving on a permanent basis as you could gain a lot of educational insight as to how some on the autism spectrum function.

Stick around, lurk or just read, as stated by CLG114, all are welcome here. We are known for having communication issues time and again, so don't let that bother you one bit ;)
Oh dear! It hadn't been my intention to become a permanent member of this group or any other, but you know how these days online you frequently have to become a member of something in order to have any interaction with it? Well, that's how it was for me yesterday. I intended only to drop in for a short while, see if I could get any insight into my particular situation, and move on. I'm not a 'group' person, I don't thrive well in them... too many long long years of individual thinking, maybe? If you know how to cut the link between my email page and this site? That would do well enough because I'd soon no longer be aware of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom