• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poll: What is your diagnosis

What was your diagnosis and are you self or professionally diagnosed?

• ASD - unspecified severity/support levels (DSM-5 299.0)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • ASD - level 1 (DSM-5 299.0)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • ASD - level 2 (DSM-5 299.0)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ASD - level 3 (DSM-5 299.0)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Autistic Disorder / Childhood Autism (DSM-IV 299.0 / ICD-10 F84.0)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Asperger's Syndrome / Disorder (DSM-IV 299.80 / ICD-10 F84.5)

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • PDD-NOS / Atypical Autism / Other PDD (DSM-299.80 / ICD-10 F84.10/11/12, F84.8, F84.9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Self-diagnosed

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Professionally-diagnosed

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

the_tortoise

V.I.P Member
If you have received multiple spectrum diagnoses, use the one that is most recent or the one that seems most accurate to you (or just pick "other"...if I could have had more poll options I would have included an option for the situation where you have received multiple diagnoses and can't or don't feel comfortable choosing just one of them).

I made it so you can pick three options because some people with DSM-5 ASD diagnosis could have different severity/support levels for the two different symptom domains. (Otherwise I would have set it at 2 options -- one for specific diagnostic label(s) and one for self versus profesional diagnosis.)

You can select "other" for diagnosis type or diagnostic label.

I am just curious about the distribution of the labels among us.

Last edited:
I went for Autism level 1 but I may not quite be diagnosable not sure. It's dependent on coping abilities and a judgement call.

I was diagnosed just before they removed the word Aspergers.
After all the tests were in the psychologist called it Aspergers or High Functioning Autism.
I don't know what my level would be under the new system.
Good discussion for next time I see my therapist.

Haha, I neglected to share my own diagnosis; I was professionaly diagnosed with Autistic Disorder under the DSM-IV. No severity/support level attached.

Last edited:
Autistic Disorder, once at the age of 4, and again when I hit a roadblock in adolescence at 17. All professionally diagnosed.

My early development ruled out Asperger's, so that's not a guess or typo. I think I would be classified as Level 1 ASD had I been diagnosed today.

was diagnosed level 3 at age 3. was upgraded to level 2 shortly before I turned 9 years old. Although there's some level 3 carryover in some areas. so it's been called moderate to severe.

New Threads

Top Bottom