• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

[POLL] AS and hair colour.

Hair colour?

• Red hair/Ginger/Auburn Brown, etc.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Black hair

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Brown hair

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Blonde hair

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Some other hair colour

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Well, that's normal methinks.
I'm going to get statistics later for the norm. prevalence of hair colours... limited to the UK 'cause the majority of us voting are British.
EMZ=]

Typically, weren't all brits brown-haired, scandinavians were blonde, etc...? Can't remember exactly, but there are origins. :p

Most more severe cases of autism have blond hair and other either Scandinavian or Slavic features (or both). I have Scandinavian heritage and some Scanbdinavian features and to my knowledge I have no Slavic heritage but I have some Slavic features.

Most more severe cases of autism have blond hair and other either Scandinavian or Slavic features (or both). I have Scandinavian heritage and some Scanbdinavian features and to my knowledge I have no Slavic heritage but I have some Slavic features.

Where did you find that information?

I've seen people with LFA who have blonde hair on YT.
IDK. That was only a couple tbh.
EMZ=]

Not sure if there's enough evidence to back that theory up. I'm blonde naturally, although it's growing out brown now.

A lot of people have light brown hair too, especially high-functioning autistics. Me and My bf have the exact same color, thickness and texture of hair. If you mixed our hair together it would look like one person's hair. People noticed this too. One said, "Now I know what color hair the baby is going to have." (I was pregnant with my boyfriend's son at the time.)

I'm blonde, and I don't think physical apperance has anything to do with ones mind. Whenever you're NT, AS, a psycho or have some other diagnosis. However, I do think we aspies look alike in many ways due to our lack of understanding of facial expressions, and perhaps bodylanguage. And that some of us hide emotional expressions very well as we can't read other peoples emotional expressions.

For example; I saw this documentary of a school somewhere on the U.S. westcoast. Where there were this little kid, perhaps 8 years old or so who was all into dinosaurs, and he reminded me so much of how I looked like and behaved like as a kid. Same haircut, haircolour, other traits and social behaviour. And that's kinda cool, seeing a reflection of yourself many many years later :p

Oh, and Scandinavians are not mostly blonde by nature, most of those who are blonde have toned/dyed their hair. I'd say that northern/central europeans are often blonde tho. And by that I mean people from Finland down to France. Perhaps once, long long ago it was a true statement. But today europe is such a chaotic mix of people that it's hard to sort out some kind of "natural" colour that goes for everyone in one part of europe.

My hair still is brown and it seems as if my hair is suddenly getting lighter and lighter in colour wise.
The other day, I found a piece of grey hair and a blonde hair? :huh: Where did that even come from?

My hair still is brown and it seems as if my hair is suddenly getting lighter and lighter in colour wise.
The other day, I found a piece of grey hair and a blonde hair? :huh: Where did that even come from?

Maybe you are just getting old. Just kidding.

My hair is very dark brown. Some people told me it looks more like black than brown tho. When I was in middle school I used to color my hair red often. Once I colored half of my hair into blonde. Once totally black. But I have quit coloring. Its not good for your hair anyway.

Maybe you are just getting old. Just kidding.

My hair is very dark brown. Some people told me it looks more like black than brown tho. When I was in middle school I used to color my hair red often. Once I colored half of my hair into blonde. Once totally black. But I have quit coloring. Its not good for your hair anyway.
You had got me cracking up just then. :D

Apparently my dad happens to have grey hair at such a young age, younger than me, unfortunately its in the genes. :lol:
I only coloured my hair a few times but it was never really the permanent one as I fear it could damage my hair. :unsure:

Hm.. can I vote for two? :p

When I was little, I was so blond it was almost white. Its darkened up a lot though, I'd say now its mostly light brown, with some goldish blond mixed in. So I guess I'll vote for brown.

i have dirty blonde hair but when i was younger it was so blonde it was almost white. i'm not sure if hair color has to do with aspergers but it is possible.

New Threads

Top Bottom