• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

[POLL] AS and hair colour.

Hair colour?

• Red hair/Ginger/Auburn Brown, etc.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Black hair

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Brown hair

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Blonde hair

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Some other hair colour

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Emor

TBH, this is a rather informal poll considering that I'm going to say people who are self-diagnosed can post in the poll. But if there's clear correlation I think there should be a reputable poll and some sort of researcher should be informed.
I figure, ginger hair is caused by a chromosomal(iirc) genetic mutation(go on Wikipedia or w.e, it is), and most research points to autism being a chromosomal genetic mutation.
So yeah. Just vote in the poll and I'll make some sort of graphic representation(idk, bar chart or w.e) when say 10-20 people have voted.
NATURAL HAIR COLOURS ONLY. DYING OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T COUNT. LOL.
EMZ=]

Brown. :p

I think we may need a 'little' more than 90 (assuming everyone voted) samples to form a basis of any sort of serious research. :p

So someone go invite 20,000 aspies. :) :ball:

Nah. We'd send it to a researcher with funds. If there's obvious correlation then yeah.
I cba doing all this crap and then some random professor stealing all the credit.
I'd also like to say if you're hair is anyway ginger-ish just vote ginger. It's to do with the genetics, not 'cause I actually care about your hair colour and want to call you random names.
^Getting to the point, lol^.
EMZ=]

I guess there is a line to be drawn somewhere between us finding the most common hair colour, and the most common hair colour for aspie's. I probably shouldn't have voted since I'm not diagnosed, thus my input is hinderous.

Okay, I have mainly brown hair but with red on the crown. My grandma on my mother's side had shocking red hair and she did have some AS traits, but obviously no one had even heard of AS back then. Oh and my beard is primarily ginger :D

An interesting palette of colours in your hair, Carl. :lol:

I have brown hair. I have some blonde streaks. My hair was lighter as a baby and it looked blonde. But it has always been brown.

When I say black I mean VERY dark brown. Naturally. So I often got called an emo because people thought I dyed my hair...which I don't. And haven't. EVER.

TBH, I pass more for auburn brown or w.e, but I just say ginger 'cause I cba talking to people who hate people for their hair colour.
In some light it just seems like I have brown hair.
I want to dye it black though. But not while at school.
EMZ=]

Me, my bf and our son have the exact same color hair and the same texture too. If you cut off our hair and mixed it up you wouldn't be able to terll whose hair was whose. When I was pregnant an acquaintance of mine saw me and Stan together and said, "I guess it's obvious what color hair the baby's going to have."

I know it's just a small sample which can't be taken too seriously, but taking into consideration that brown hair is the majority, and *PC term for ginger* hair is the minority, the prevalence is abnormally high.
EMZ=]

Hmm. I wouldn't try and draw any corelations yet, whatsoever tbh. :p *waits for ~100 results*

Lol, can't say I'm suprised that over half the votes are brown hair. :p

To be honest, i'd rather lighten my hair abit... I'm getting kinda bored of my natural hair colour.

New Threads

Top Bottom