• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

[POLL] AS and hair colour.

Hair colour?

• Red hair/Ginger/Auburn Brown, etc.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Black hair

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Brown hair

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Blonde hair

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Some other hair colour

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Grey ,getting whiter. If I let my beard grow out, it is white. I don't know why the hair on my face is lighter than the rest of my hair. At my age, I am thankful to even have hair.

Originally brown, could sun-bleach to near blonde, but now is mostly gray. I started getting gray hair in my mid twenties. Still a full head of hair, though.

TBH, this is a rather informal poll considering that I'm going to say people who are self-diagnosed can post in the poll. But if there's clear correlation I think there should be a reputable poll and some sort of researcher should be informed.
I figure, ginger hair is caused by a chromosomal(iirc) genetic mutation(go on Wikipedia or w.e, it is), and most research points to autism being a chromosomal genetic mutation.
So yeah. Just vote in the poll and I'll make some sort of graphic representation(idk, bar chart or w.e) when say 10-20 people have voted.
NATURAL HAIR COLOURS ONLY. DYING OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T COUNT. LOL.
EMZ=]
Flawed hypothesis. ASD's are under-diagnosed in poor and minority communities, so you'll see a higher proportion of "white" traits like lighter hair colors for reasons that have nothing to do with ASD.

New Threads

Top Bottom