• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
89 25 100 33

Oddly enough, I don't think of myself as an INTJ, but rather as an INTP. And if you were to look at my apartment, you'd probably agree. :lol2:

Flinty - Your J is low and it's also not uncommon for INTJ's to be absent minded, much less one who has Aspergers =)

Douglas - I joined an INTJ forum at one point but I hate dealing with the people there xD

INTP. (INP "Behind the Scenes" aka Supine in Inclusion/Affection + NT "Rational/Theorist" aka Choleric in Control).

Went through life with the typical Aspie obsessions, one after the other but knowing nothing about personality theory (except my father giving me a little lecture about introversion and extroversion once, and another time, "thinking" and "feeling", though in a more generic sense, like it may be logical to do something destructive to achieve something, but then the "heart" will temper that decision), and he was always complaining about things "abstract" as opposed to "concrete reality"). Yet when my wife eight years ago decided to use the temperament system of a counseling ministry to increase her psychological credentials, and tested me and several family and friends, I became obsessed with temperament. (Due to the symmetry of the 2D matrix: introversion/extroversion and people/task, yielding the four, and in one system, five temperaments. This appeals to the dominant introverted Thinking). Then, a friend introduced us to the Keirsey Sorter II online, and I then become determined to find out how the two systems fit together.

I then over the course of the years developed several pages introducing the theories, plus how I believe they fit together (with evidence gathered from type discussions).

Shortest versions of the introduction to both theories:
www.erictb.info/temperament1s.html
www.erictb.info/temperament2ss

Taken many quizzes online, and generally come out with a high (most definite) N over S preference, then usually P over J, I over E, and then T edging out F. This last one I believe may involve AS, as the syndrome's poorer regulation of sensory input (including emotions) makes us not only more aware of our emotions than the average dominant Thinker; but also generally puts us in situations where the ego feels threatened a lot, which also triggers inferior Feeling (both extraverted and introverted depending on the situation).

In the correlation I've done (mentioned at the end of both links in the above post, and here is a separate article dedicated specifically to it: ERICA vs EISeNFelT), INTJ is Melancholic-Choleric (INJ=Melancholic, or "Chart the Course" in the Linda Berens "Interaction Styles), and NT=Choleric. Most INTJ's who do take classic temperament (or "humour") tests do come out as that combination.
The Interaction Style is about social skills, and the "Keirseyan" or conative temperament (NT) is about action and leadership. So on the surface, you're [socially] a Melancholic, but you do have some Choleric drive associated with what Keirsey calls "pragmatism".

I got INFP? Not sure if that's me or not, but that's what I got. Never taken this test before.

Introverted: 89
Intuition: 25
Feeling: 25
Perceiving: 87

I got INFP? Not sure if that's me or not, but that's what I got. Never taken this test before.

Introverted: 89
Intuition: 25
Feeling: 25
Perceiving: 87

Your scores would actually be ISTP (25% Intuition=75% Sensing, while 25% Feeling=75% Thinking).
But mistakes like those are well inside the ball park for someone who hasn't taken the MBTI before.

Your scores would actually be ISTP (25% Intuition=75% Sensing, while 25% Feeling=75% Thinking).
But mistakes like those are well inside the ball park for someone who hasn't taken the MBTI before.
Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks for that, although I just copy pasted what the site gave me. I want to take it again anyway, just because I can!

(hey everyone, i'm new to the scene as of this morning....)

My Type is
ISTP
Introverted 78 Sensing 12 Thinking 1 Perceiving 11
You are:
very expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

I've taken this several times in the past, from age 10yrs on to today. i swing between INTJ and INTP. Last one I took last year said INTP but was 51/49 on the P.

People are often on the brink with P and J, more so than other letters. It can depend on the day you take the test, even.

I score near 100% on every letter of INTJ which can be a bit crippling.

INFP is quite rare for Aspies. I've recoreded only 2 in my records.

I think I know the explanation, at least in my case. Remember Data from star trek? He had an emotion chip that let him feel emotions. Alcohol is my emotion chip.
It brings the F to the forefront.

The way it was explained to me; AS is the result of a sensory system that isn't regulating itself the way it should. And emotions are also sensory. Hence, so many problems with both emotions and fine motor skills, sensitivity to touch, coordination, eye contact & cues, etc.

So the way it affects type; if one can't rely on the social cues that others use to know how to respond to people -- like because there's too much information coming in to sort it out — the problem with AS; -- then you have no choice but to use logic (T) and make inferences (N) on that basis.

Our type likely reflects our way of adapting, given this experience.

So types other than NT's can have AS, but it might not be as obvious in the stereotypical AS way, so perhaps that's why there may not be as many INFP's, for instance. Their Feeling will help them adapt to the social situation, but they would still have other reactions to the information overload.

I am not on the spectrum, but for the sake of data collection/possible curiosity I shall inform you that my type is INTJ (I have strong preferences for each of my inclinations) . I wanted to thank everybody who contributed to this thread, because I kind of obsess over data (heh heh, I've sacrificed a life of normalcy for my notebook of information and for my birthday my family gives me books of graphs) , and particularly now I am very interested in Myers-Briggs and similar personality indicators. It's always a pleasant surprise when in the course of my research I stumble across something interesting. Thank you; I shall now conclude my small tribute.

ISTJ
Introvert(67%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

i didnt completely understand some of the questions though so i may be more like you without realising!

New Threads

Top Bottom