• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

INTP...

78 38 88 11

I like the description of this type. quite accurate for me indeed! all except the apparent love of words games - I'm rubbish at those! But, I suppose words is just language, and I'm both a musician and a computer programmer, which are both languages. So perhaps I have shifted my thought processes to different types of language. I do like writing stories though(!)

First time I ever did this test, and am I the only one to find it a bit disconcerting that just by answering some random questions, people can work out how you think?! :)

Here is my result:

ISFP
Introvert(78%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(50%) Perceiving(44)%

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Here is my result:

ISFP
Introvert(78%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(50%) Perceiving(44)%

You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Do you have Aspergers or another form of Autism?

Oh okay, if you do get a diagnosis, I would be interested to see what it actually is (if you're right, I'm not so surprised by your results.)

ISTJ

Could it be your challenging life experiences have influenced this melancholia? I wonder if you had been born into a more nurturing positive environment if that melancholia would not be there or be considerably less prominent.

INTJ here. Strong INT and close to the line between J and P.

I think it's good to read more about the types (as in the book Please Understand Me) to really get a feel for whether you fit in one. Otherwise you have to do a lot of interpretation of nuanced statements. With this book, I've had fun trying to figure out all my family members...

I believe all typology is confirmed and permanent by age 6 if not at birth. As well as temperaments.

Interesting, Dizzy! What makes you so certain? I know many famous psychological theorists share your belief. Freud set the age at 7. Actually, so did Hitler. I believe it has to do with the rapid brain development at this age & things becoming hard-wired.

INTJ - Mastermind

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(50%) Judging(33%)

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I believe all typology is confirmed and permanent by age 6 if not at birth. As well as temperaments.

Interesting, Dizzy! What makes you so certain? I know many famous psychological theorists share your belief. Freud set the age at 7. Actually, so did Hitler. I believe it has to do with the rapid brain development at this age & things becoming hard-wired.
Type surfaces through a process called function "differentiation". A person's E/I and J/P preferences are said to develop around 2 years old. This also figures in their temperament (I mean classic temperament, not Keirsey, as classic temperament is E/I and people/task). When the dominant function differentiates (around 6), that adds the third letter to the type. Then the auxiliary develops (around 10-12), then the complete type is evident. You can see this here: How we Develop our Personality Types

Here also is a quick intro to type I've put together:
Eight Step Intro to Type ? "ERIPEDIA"

Some of what I believe about personality is based on Freud, and I also believe genetics can play a huge role; I wasn't raised by my dad but we're the same type.
I know that by age 6 I was using all of the INTJ functions.

ISTJ

Introvert(78%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(38%) Judging(22%)

You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

ISTJ
Introvert(100%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(12%) Judging(22%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

New Threads

Top Bottom