• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this caper.

McG

Hi all, I'm new to this kind of thing and never do forums etc. I tend to keep to myself, no social media etc.

I haven't been formally diagnosed with autism or any of its spectrums, but I'm convinced I do and have to wait 14 months for a diagnosis.

just decided to try and participate in something that would benefit me.

thanks all.

1703686095677.png

Hello and welcome. This seems like a good place for many of us to learn about ourselves and think about our past in a new way. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome @Mc I haven't been on long either about 1 day to be precise but I am glad I am and everyone has been welcome.hope being on the forum helps

HI @McG
Welcome to the Forums
Do feel free to hang out here a while and get to know us, and when you have something to say jump in an post.

A lot of us around here have self-diagnosed. I didn't do so until 69yo. I highly recommend hanging around and getting involved.

Ask questions, join conversations. Seems that a lot of being autistic has to do with other things beside autism, and I think this forum excels in looking at autism from every angle. See you around.

Hi @McG, welcome, I'm sure this will be a good place to be on your journey - sad to hear that you need to wait 14 months to start the official diagnosis process, but getting that paper doesn't change who you are, so embrace what you have learned about yourself so far.

Welcome enjoy some interesting debates going on. I'M self-diagnosed, retired. one of my friends is a professor of chemistry we are the same age last time we conversed he said he had no intention of retiring. said they would probably find a clever way to force him too. ! guess the best way is when you hit seventy is not to pay you hard choice money of love of teaching. I turn 69 in a few weeks so his choice is getting close.

Last edited:
Alright, you found us. Membership badges and key fobs should arrive soon. Free jelly donuts in lobby. I love capers, canapés, and cornichons.

Welcome. May you find connections and perhaps learn more about yourself and how you see and interact with the world.

which country/region are you in, if you don't mind me asking.

Oh, and, welcome :)
I reside in the UK, was told to wait 20 months for a diagnosis, 6 months have already passed.

Out health service in UK, the NHS is under alot of strain and pressure at the moment.

I reside in the UK, was told to wait 20 months for a diagnosis, 6 months have already passed.

Out health service in UK, the NHS is under alot of strain and pressure at the moment.

That’s not too bad tbh, my letter from nhs was years. I went via RTC with my GP and was seen within 8 weeks by Clinical Partners. Might be worth checking that route if you can?

That’s not too bad tbh, my letter from nhs was years. I went via RTC with my GP and was seen within 8 weeks by Clinical Partners. Might be worth checking that route if you can?

I also went down the right-to-choose route and was seen within weeks but I think the wait times are more like 3 months now. I went with Psychiatry UK. But as already mentioned, there are other companies commissioned by the NHS to provide ASD assessments. This is the Psychiatry UK information:

And here's the NHS page about right-to-choose:

It amazes me that GPs don't often inform patients of this at the point of referral. According to the NHS information, they should always do that. But anyway - now you know. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom