• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to group

N Holland

I am the mother of a diagnosed 10 year old and wife of an undiagnosed husband with ADHD. Looking for support and the knowledge to help me understand my daughter and husband. Struggling with control and self esteem issues with my daughter. Struggling with communication issues among others with husband. Really helpful and cathartic to read posts so i get a picture of what my husband and daughter may be going through... My daughter communicates fairly well with me but my husband is a closed book mostly. It is a painful and lonely experience trying to love and live with him most days. Looking forward to hearing from those in similar marriages.

welcome.png

Greetings!

I presume what you mean by your husband being a 'closed book' is that he doesn't iterate a lot of his views. Trying to be specific on what you want him to air his views on might be an easier way of talking to him in some areas. Autistic people like myself and others have varying levels of literal behaviour, some might only say as much as you specify and there's no room for iteration on their part.

Understanding why your husband is quite quiet is the first step then you can think of ways around it. This problem might not be what I've mentioned but that's an idea on how to handle those sorts of problems. I hope it helps.

giphy (4).gif

New Threads

Top Bottom