• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here!

Kuzekun

Hi, I'm new here and diagnosed fairly recently with Autism Spectrum disorder since 2020. It took a referral from my therapist to finally get testing and after I found out about the diagnosis, it felt like an answer to so many questions.

I'm 28 now and through my entire childhood I struggled. People saw how I struggled but they thought it was just a kid being a kid. I was laughed at quite often and was a afraid of doing practically anything at all. My life was one of fear, anxiety, and depression. I still struggle with these things, but I'm getting help but even for professionals it's hard for them to know where to start. It took a year and a half just to get a treatment plan.

I also have been diagnosed with ADHD, PTSD, and severe mixed anxiety-depressive dAnxiety,

I should also mention I am a Gay male in a relationship going on two years. Thankfully my partner is patient with me.

1713137432423.png

Glad to have you with us, @Kuzekun

It is a freeing feeling to find out you aren't just weird. Though truthfully. If anyone is weird. It's the NTs. But they are who they are. And we NDs are who we are. There is nothing for it.

I hope you stick around. You'll learn alot from us, as we will from you. Plenty of posts are made daily. Alot of relatable things are talked about. Also new things. We also have site resources too, if you want to thumb through more info about specific things about ASD.

Hi and welcome. I am sorry to hear how hard things have been for you. I hope it will help to be here. I am gay too, also nonbinary and happily married to my partner.

I hope some of the anxieties may be lessened for you now you have some explanation for why things have been confusing or scary. I hope you will feel OK to join in here, and post your views and ideas in discussions.

S’mae, pleased to meet another newbie. Happy to hear about your treatment plan and diagnosis finally coming together, too, that must have been a relief after everything you’ve been through.

How have your first few days been? You’ll like it here I think, so far ime this has been a really open welcoming space mostly populated by like-minded, smart, insightful and supportive individuals.

And feel free to start topics, ask questions and open discussions too! It makes any forum more interesting and vibrant, and we need out proud gay autistic voices🫶🏻

S’mae, pleased to meet another newbie. Happy to hear about your treatment plan and diagnosis finally coming together, too, that must have been a relief after everything you’ve been through.

How have your first few days been? You’ll like it here I think, so far ime this has been a really open welcoming space mostly populated by like-minded, smart, insightful and supportive individuals.

And feel free to start topics, ask questions and open discussions too! It makes any forum more interesting and vibrant, and we need out proud gay autistic voices🫶🏻
Yes it is very inviting. I'm very glad I found this place. I'll probably have lots to comment on or start conversations. I tend to talk too much. What I could probably explain in just a few words I tend to drag it on.

New Threads

Top Bottom