• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Here.

Welcome to AF.jpg

hello, welcome, I'm a guy in his forties living in Belgium, also love 80's music (that one Rockwell song :), one night in bankbook, police & sting, genesis ...), photography, legos and gaming

I joined to see if some of my difficulties with:
- sound
- bright light
- people and crowds
- not understanding the emotional niceties when discussing logical concepts and processes,
- obsession with finishing collections
- my absolute rigidity, probably related to taking things literally
- etc
are just me or are related to ASD.

It's a nice group here btw

hello, welcome, I'm a guy in his forties living in Belgium, also love 80's music (that one Rockwell song :), one night in bankbook, police & sting, genesis ...), photography, legos and gaming

I joined to see if some of my difficulties with:
- sound
- bright light
- people and crowds
- not understanding the emotional niceties when discussing logical concepts and processes,
- obsession with finishing collections
- my absolute rigidity, probably related to taking things literally
- etc
are just me or are related to ASD.

It's a nice group here btw
Hello, nice to meet you! So nice seeing someone into 80s music like me!:):)

Hello, nice to meet you! So nice seeing someone into 80s music like me!:):)

i lived in the us as a child in the 80's and spent every sunday on the back seat of the car listening to 'casey casum's top 100' on hourlong drives with my parents

got supertramp on now :) (although i guess that started in the late 70's)

by the way if you're into listening to music with headphones, a lot of people here are knowledgeable :)

many of us hate external noise

i lived in the us as a child in the 80's and spent every sunday on the back seat of the car listening to 'casey casum's top 100' on hourlong drives with my parents

got supertramp on now :) (although i guess that started in the late 70's)
I like 70s music too but only the late 70s. I love Kate Bush's first two albums from 1978 (I love her song "Wuthering Heights"), Pat Benatar's debut album and some of David Bowie's songs released during that time.:) My favorite era for music is 80s though.:)

i've got them on all day, inside or outside, have gotten a good collection together over the years

Hi. Welcome to the group. I grew up on 80s music too. I listened to it so much that I knew every song title with artist name whenever a beat or lyric came on the radio within two seconds of hearing it.

I am not 100% sure what conditions I have, but they were lifelong, with diagnostics not even attempted until my early to mid twenties after college life after failing miserably with all jobs attempted due to severe shyness, social anxiety disorder, and a need to be perfect for some things.

I had no friends, lived alone for twenty years, built my strength up through self help things, then dated some, before marriage and my wife and I having two children, who are age 5 and 8 now, both with diagnosed Autism but being so different, in terms of functioning, personality and abilities.

Hi. Welcome to the group. I grew up on 80s music too. I listened to it so much that I knew every song title with artist name whenever a beat or lyric came on the radio within two seconds of hearing it.

I am not 100% sure what conditions I have, but they were lifelong, with diagnostics not even attempted until my early to mid twenties after college life after failing miserably with all jobs attempted due to severe shyness, social anxiety disorder, and a need to be perfect for some things.

I had no friends, lived alone for twenty years, built my strength up through self help things, then dated some, before marriage and my wife and I having two children, who are age 5 and 8 now, both with diagnosed Autism but being so different, in terms of functioning, personality and abilities.
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder when I was two years old.

Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I was first diagnosed when I was two years old, and when I was seven I started to have a stuttering problem and I still have it. My stuttering is another thing I'm struggling with too. :-(

Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder when I was two years old.

Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I was first diagnosed when I was two years old, and when I was seven I started to have a stuttering problem and I still have it. My stuttering is another thing I'm struggling with too. :-(

Our sons were diagnosed with Autism between age two and four. Our 8 year old is high functioning, and our five year old still nonverbal. I used to have really bad voice wavering when giving speeches. I have improved over the years.

Off to the corn maze we go. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

Our sons were diagnosed with Autism between age two and four. Our 8 year old is high functioning, and our five year old still nonverbal. I used to have really bad voice wavering when giving speeches. I have improved over the years.

Off to the corn maze we go. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
Thank you and you too! Enjoy your day!:)

Hi and welcome! Merrican here, but early riser :) Between 4 and 5, maybe 6.

Hope you like it here. I found so many intersting people and a lot of support. I was dxed atypical autism but when the DSM changed, they said I do not have autism, per se. I have a duplication over Chromosome 6 which you can read about in the Chromosome 6 Project if you like. As genetics become more widespread, I think the dxes will change with less called "Autism" and more the specific gene that causes the trouble.

For me, it causes sensory, food, sleep, and hyper activity troubles, as well as medication issues and a host of other neuro and health issues. I also hate stores and noise, too. I have earplugs in all the time!.

It's been hard. I am here because they thought I was autistic because I am NOT NT by any stretch so I more like autism than NT. No one ever thought I was NT! HAHAHA.

I never heard of the The Psychedelic Furs but that is a cool name and I am going to look them up right now. I bet I will remember some of their songs once I start researching them . I live in the 80s! I was in my own world, but i am sure I heard their songs in stores etc

New Threads

Top Bottom