• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Here.

sarah_r92

Wide awake in dreamland
Hello everyone. My name is Sarah Randles, I'm 25 years old, and I have Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I joined on here just now because I want to meet people who have it like me. Throughout all my life, mostly in my teen and adult years, I have been struggling with it, and it can be a pain, especially being at stores with lots of people (I have trouble with crowds big time, plus I hate pushing shopping carts because I feel like I'm in people's way), making eye contact with people, etc. Sometimes I get worried if people find out I'm on the spectrum, they would look down on me, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who has it but I know that there are people out there who have it and struggle with the same symptoms like me. I want to let you all know I'm here for you all and I definitely know how you all feel.

My main favorite thing is music. Mostly '80s music, like The Psychedelic Furs (I'm a huge fan), The Smiths, Tears For Fears, Kate Bush etc., but I also love Green Day too. On my Tumblr account I wrote many blogs about them, and talk about them on my Twitter and Instagram. Music is one of the things that have helped me, mostly The Psychedelic Furs.

I had been volunteering at a cat shelter for five years to get the working experience. But sometime this year I'm going to this place where they find jobs that are suitable for people who have disabilities. I'm kind of nervous but excited at the same time.

Well, I guess that is all to say. I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading. :)

Hi...and welcome :) ... Its usually quiet around this time.. Im guessing all the merricans are sleeping lol. I volunteered at a cat shelter for couple years too, love love love kitties.
Anywho, its a pretty nice place here. Im sure you will fit in marvelously. :)
Theres some interesting forum content and even some forum games which is quite fun.....enjoy :)

Hi...and welcome :) ... Its usually quiet around this time.. Im guessing all the merricans are sleeping lol. I volunteered at a cat shelter for couple years too, love love love kitties.
Anywho, its a pretty nice place here. Im sure you will fit in marvelously. :)
Theres some interesting forum content and even some forum games which is quite fun.....enjoy :)
Hello! Thank you so much! I usually stay up late, I'm a night owl. Not really a morning person. :)

I'm from the state of Oregon (USA) and over here the weather is getting cool now. I'm so glad the summer heat is over.

I too have a pool but l don't really swim anymore. But whenever I do I like it. I love going to the beach too. :)

I too have a pool but l don't really swim anymore. But whenever I do I like it. I love going to the beach too. :)
my last meds made me gain 10kgs... So got rid of them and in process of shedding it off by swimming lots... My arms and legs are so sore today.. But its working wheeeee. Do you have any cats of your own?

welcome I'm 47, love cats, have four, I'm an aspie woman from england .
i joined to try to take in being autistic and to talk as i live alone .
Hello everyone. My name is Sarah Randles, I'm 25 years old, and I have Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I joined on here just now because I want to meet people who have it like me. Throughout all my life, mostly in my teen and adult years, I have been struggling with it, and it can be a pain, especially being at stores with lots of people (I have trouble with crowds big time, plus I hate pushing shopping carts because I feel like I'm in people's way), making eye contact with people, etc. Sometimes I get worried if people find out I'm on the spectrum, they would look down on me, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who has it but I know that there are people out there who have it and struggle with the same symptoms like me. I want to let you all know I'm here for you all and I definitely know how you all feel.

My main favorite thing is music. Mostly '80s music, like The Psychedelic Furs (I'm a huge fan), The Smiths, Tears For Fears, Kate Bush etc., but I also love Green Day too. On my Tumblr account I wrote many blogs about them, and talk about them on my Twitter and Instagram. Music is one of the things that have helped me, mostly The Psychedelic Furs.

I had been volunteering at a cat shelter for five years to get the working experience. But sometime this year I'm going to this place where they find jobs that are suitable for people who have disabilities. I'm kind of nervous but excited at the same time.

Well, I guess that is all to say. I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom