• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meyers-Briggs

Evil Genius

We run the world...
V.I.P Member
I got to thinking:

Is anyone aware of any Aspies that are something besides INTJ under Meyers-Briggs personality testing?

I would expect that while the AS population may be skewed toward introversion on M-B, they probably are fairly well spread across the ranges. One of the things I've determined during my reading and research about AS is that while we have a "set" of characteristics, we are all equally spread across personality, belief, IQ, etc. as much as the NT population. That said, M-B and other "personality tests" tend to become less accurate when the test taker is not within the "normal bell curve". This is true of most of these sort of measurements. Body Mass Index is another prime example. If you are not within a couple inches of average height, or high in muscle to fat ratio, or anything other than "within the norm" BMI is not an accurate scale. So while the M-B has some value, it's far better used as indicator or inclination rather than deterministic personality traits. It's greatest value is when utilized in a team setting so people learn others inclinations in communication or approach to problem solving. I could go on, but I won't.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...st-is-pretty-much-meaningless-9359770/?no-ist

I would expect that while the AS population may be skewed toward introversion on M-B, they probably are fairly well spread across the ranges. One of the things I've determined during my reading and research about AS is that while we have a "set" of characteristics, we are all equally spread across personality, belief, IQ, etc. as much as the NT population. That said, M-B and other "personality tests" tend to become less accurate when the test taker is not within the "normal bell curve". This is true of most of these sort of measurements. Body Mass Index is another prime example. If you are not within a couple inches of average height, or high in muscle to fat ratio, or anything other than "within the norm" BMI is not an accurate scale. So while the M-B has some value, it's far better used as indicator or inclination rather than deterministic personality traits. It's greatest value is when utilized in a team setting so people learn others inclinations in communication or approach to problem solving. I could go on, but I won't.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...st-is-pretty-much-meaningless-9359770/?no-ist

I appreciate the insight.

I have done it several times. I always get I andJ but the middle two are a lucky dip.

Haven't done it recently but I believe I'm an ENFP? Don't really remember. I am an extrovert and I love people but it's also exhausting for me. When I get home, my brain just shuts down recoperate.

My NT wife always calls me an extrovert because she is a super introvert. I've never pulled extrovert on Meyers-Briggs though. Sounds like you might be an ambivert.

I just took the following 64 question test, and the results showed INTJ too. My wife thought the results were going to be ISTP. But, my Aspie score was only 67 out of 200, and NT score 140 out of 200, for the other test. So, I guess I am NT Aspie, if many Aspies are INTJ's.

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type

INTJ
Introvert(88%) iNtuitive(22%) Thinking(6%) Judging(22%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (88%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (22%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (6%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

New Threads

Top Bottom