• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mean People in Forums!

Questella

Peace, Love and all that good stuff
I haven't posted on any other forms in years and years and have recently made the mistake... I'm thinking I'm posting some helpful tips or information, and immediately I'm being attacked and told to quit and why are you posting here? Jeez, just stupid stuff, what's the deal with people being prices? Is this the only nice and nonjudgemental group of people?
Imo aspiecentral should get a trophy for The Most Civil!

//rant over

I haven't posted on any other forms in years and years and have recently made the mistake... I'm thinking I'm posting some helpful tips or information, and immediately I'm being attacked and told to quit and why are you posting here? Jeez, just stupid stuff, what's the deal with people being prices? Is this the only nice and nonjudgemental group of people?
Imo aspiecentral should get a trophy for The Most Civil!

//rant over

So, you are saying you posted somewhere other than AC
and the reception was less than civil?

That's unfortunate.
Well, you know you're welcome here. :)

So, you are saying you posted somewhere other than AC
and the reception was less than civil?

That's unfortunate.
Well, you know you're welcome here. :)
Yeah, it's a game forum, the only reason I was on it was I was googling for tips and thought I could add something that might be useful to someone else googling for tips and a few pages and people were not receptive at all... I guess I should of just kept my keyboard shut...

...and immediately I'm being attacked and told to quit and why are you posting here?...

And that's what happens when message boards get overrun by little children. I wanted to ask where this happened (the forum, I mean), but if you don't want to share it's fine.

The only thing worse than most forums are most comment areas. And of course we are particularly susceptible to a weakness of written communication: if reading between the lines is a challenge face-to-face, it's all but impossible while reading.

I really have to be thoughtful about the media I expose myself to if I hope to keep my mood balanced.

It sounds like Digital Spy to me. :D

No idea what that is o_O and on second thought it's none of my business anyways...

I've had similar experiences in the past with other forums like the one OP described. Everyone seems to get a kick out of straying off topic to post their hate laden rhetoric and "witty" comebacks, turning the place into a minefield. At that point, it's better to just pack it up and leave the place than to get beaten down with experience.

No idea what that is o_O and on second thought it's none of my business anyways...

I've had similar experiences in the past with other forums like the one OP described. Everyone seems to get a kick out of straying off topic to post their hate laden rhetoric and "witty" comebacks, turning the place into a minefield. At that point, it's better to just pack it up and leave the place than to get beaten down with experience.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

No idea what that is

Wow. Okay here's a start...

Holy carp!

Get the heck away from Digital Spy, it is full of absolute psychos, full of forum obsessives who spend all day trying to get other users banned. The moderators are also little Hitlers who love handing out bans, it's a very spiteful place not unlike a really nasty school playground. Just a quick look at the headlines on the DS front page will tell you about the type of person it attracts. Run away!

Talk: Digital Spy

In fact I've experienced mods who apply bans for things that are extremely dubious aka extreme interpretations of the term "offensive" and then when called on it go back and try to clean up the thread further to cover their asses to look consistent. It still doesnt work because by that standard of moderation the entire thread shouldn't exist. It seems merely mentioning that certain african american names are indicators of lower socio economic class= you banned for stereotyping. It is a strange place where freedom of speech simply doesn't exist, and political correctness is taken to the logical extreme, especially it seems if the mod might have an axe to grind with you about your political opinions.

Unfair bans and harsh treatment by Digital Spy forums

In short, a breeding ground for bullies and trolls but that's enough about its moderators. The internet offers some quite hilarious offshoots though, like those government petitions...

Petition: Allow pinkteddyx64 back onto the Digital Spy Forums

Last edited:
I've been on here a few days, it's the best, kindest, most honest forum I've ever been on. The site I recently ditched, I didn't feel like I had the freedom to say honest things. No 'hate' messages, 'anti-behavior', very little personal info, no religious themed art. The thing with 'hate speech', well it's like I have to agree with someone that thinks they're a dragon.
People are very nit-picky about the rules on there, will immediately let you know if you did something slightly wrong. The trend on there is calling yourself trash, people aren't happy, and obsessed with identity. Oh and having a straight original character is a sin. Straight is boring.

This is about how I perceive political discussions, pretty much every comment section, and more than a few forums. Ever since I saw this video, I can't get too upset because I am imagining all the angry people as the goat...

I like the layout of forums and the way things are sectioned.

But you know, sometimes it might be better to discuss something by private conversation.

It would avoid third-party interference, you know, on any forum you have lurkers and pedants, people who want to tell you what to write, where to write and sometimes how to write.

The downside is, if we all did that, nobody would post in the categories.

I got banned from Digital Spy last year for questioning Sports Direct's enforcement of the UK Sale of Goods Act

Also, I currently post on gamefaqs.com, a US based gaming board in their UK section, you can't discuss Autism issues on there because the word Autism is a trigger word that gets you flagged by the Mods.

Also, some people flame/troll me on a regular basis purely because I'm an Xbox fan and an unemployed disabled person, I mark the trolls for moderation but the Mods don't do anything 98% of the time, most of the known trolls are on my ignore list on there though.

This is about how I perceive political discussions, pretty much every comment section, and more than a few forums. Ever since I saw this video, I can't get too upset because I am imagining all the angry people as the goat...

Kind of like how I see politics, except I always remember the start of Star Trek: Beyond. When Captain Kirk is trying to negotiate a treaty with the little rolling aliens and they somehow perceive everything he says as either a threat or an insult.

Wow. Okay here's a start...

Yeah, double wow. Never heard of Digital Spy until this thread brought it up, and if I had the time to thoroughly traverse the internet in its entirety maybe I wouldn't be so confused then :)

You know, I think I'll just fall back to that video if I ever get that urge to argue with my keyboard...

Also, I currently post on gamefaqs.com, a US based gaming board in their UK section, you can't discuss Autism issues on there because the word Autism is a trigger word that gets you flagged by the Mods.
Wtf...?? How is this even a thing? Why? What's the deal? Is there some kind of story?

New Threads

Top Bottom