• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking a lot younger?

I am told I look 10 years younger than I am. And I have a beard. I say healthy living but that's not entirely true.

I'm pretty young, only, like, 22, but people are constantly surprised when they learn that. It usually goes something like "No way! I thought you were 12! -looks slowly between me and my mom-"

Then again I'm usually on the toy aisle screaming over Monster High dolls, My Little Pony, stuffed animals, or on the children's bedding aisle oohing and awing over cute ruffly pink bedding when it happens. Or arguing with my mom over whether its a good decision to buy six jars of pasta sauce when I only need two. Or refusing to let go off my mom's arm because there are too many men around and I'm scared.

People are surprised when i tell them im 29. I get a lot of looking like im 18 or 19. I do act like it though lol

This is me earlier this year in May... I'm 42 in a couple of months :)

Attachments

• jamesmumma.jpg
    jamesmumma.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 272
I have always had this and it's been both a curse and a blessing. When you are younger you want to the look a bit older and vice versa. It's good being thought of as late 20s when youre in your mid 40s though.

I've always considered this to be because I'm not the most talkative person so my face isn't being used and pulled around as much as more talkative and expressive people. Wrinkles are pretty much the result of wear and tear aren't they. Also I have never ate meat fish or eggs.

Last edited:
That's weird because people have always thought I looked much older then I was, other then how I dress. For years I've always been mistaken for the older brother when I'm actually younger.

I think part of it for me was lifestyle it aged me early excessive partying in my teens, working construction since I was 15 and being outside most of my life, really has done a number on me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440875844.791675.jpg

That's one of the few photos of me I'm on the left I'm 32

Last edited:
I'm 50 and one of my co-workers told me only yesterday that he thought I was between 35 and 40 when I told him my age. I think I have the maturity of an 8 year old ... So maybe that has something to do with it.

yepp ! i'm 22 & people say i look 14 lool^_^
guess it wont be bad when im older i seen an article
sayin aspergers people tend too look younger too:}

I have very youthful features and used to look much, much younger than I was. Now, after years of, to put it mildly, unfortunate events, I think it's gone the other way, maybe it's just me but when I look in the mirror it seems the stress has aged me ten years at least. My eyes in particular look old and tired.

Me too! No one ever believes I'm 33. They usually guess mid twenties at most. I go for blessing ^_^

I have read that it is very common, and I am still confused about why that is, what about aspergers exactly it is that causes the younger look. I am 28 and it seems that most of my co-workers thought I was close to 19/20 before finding out my age. Even a 23 year old female co-worker thought I was younger than her and was shocked to find out my actual age. And as mentioned before, because of this, I am not taken very seriously. People double check my work and don't seem to trust that I know what I am doing, and it's frustrating.

I have read that it is very common, and I am still confused about why that is, what about aspergers exactly it is that causes the younger look. I am 28 and it seems that most of my co-workers thought I was close to 19/20 before finding out my age. Even a 23 year old female co-worker thought I was younger than her and was shocked to find out my actual age. And as mentioned before, because of this, I am not taken very seriously. People double check my work and don't seem to trust that I know what I am doing, and it's frustrating.

I think it is a deep running systemic biological clock thing, perhaps it causes much of our brain development issues we suffer from when younger, but it seems to be a very nice blessing when you get older...a little bit of the fountain of youth. I'm not complaining I watch NTs much younger than me get fat wrinkled and old around me...it's a little disturbing but I'm getting the better end of the deal in my opinion. In a way it is poetic justice those NTs that mocked us for being different when younger may in the end wish they could be like us and escape the ravages of time. Small blessings from God.

I don't think I look young, but I have had people mistake me for being in junior high or high school... when I'm in my second year of college. I found it funny at first (and useful when I wanted to order off the kid menu at restaurants) but now it's annoying.

New Threads

Top Bottom