• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Auto playing videos on websites that glue themselves to the top of the page. If I want to watch a video, get it out of my face and let me take care of it. Talk about a slice of hell...enough of this already.
I agree with you on this one, this drives me nuts! People should out warnings when they post links to sites with these videos, so we know to expect them and get ready to zap them. As do gif images that move. Especially in people's signatures when I'm reading a forum. And moving banners at the top of a page. I have an extension that freezes gif images luckily, problem solved.

When people or texts take longer to explain or say something than necessary.
For example if someone is trying to tell me something funny that happened and they start an entire story just to build up to the main thing they're going to tell me about. Just tell me the funny or interesting part and I don't care about the other stuff and I don't want to stand here listening!

And the same thing goes on the internet, when I want a simple question answered even if it's just a yes or no questiong, I search for it online to find an answer but instead of showing me a concrete answer it just shows me a bunch of articles about the subject at hand and most of the time they don't even answer my question but instead leave it open ended!

other small things that annoy me:
-mouth sounds
-stains
-dust
-bright sun indoors (I have my curtains closed all summer)
-heat
-repetetive sounds
-birds
-dry, sticky or clammy hands
-sandpaper (the texture makes my entire body cringe)
-music
-loud sounds like cars, kitchen machines and vacumm cleaners
-people standing behind me
-forced conversations

Last edited:
Its interesting how people are getting annoyed by ads. I think you are taking them too seriously, I find them to be quite funny.

- Essex/working class London accents.
- Celebrities who claim to be Working Class.
- People who talk about Politics constantly.
- Sunday Trading laws.
- Women thinking I am into them because i've looked at them a few times.
- Attractive women giving me dirty looks because I dared to look at them.
- Moody young store employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
get a RADAR key and itll give you and other UKers access to most disabled toilets-these are often the cleanest as theyre locked up so dont get messed with in between piddles/craps.
although in shops/cinemas etc the disabled toilets are often open to anyone,and my sister has caught two people shagging in the disabled toilet at the asda store she works at,not quite what the toilet is designed for.

I've had one since about June 2009.

Didn't think I'd be eligible, but I went to the local Council office in Town, paid 3 quid and got one.

Best 3 quid I ever spent.

Yes, it's pure laziness. I detest the word 'babe' too though!

I was in highschool when mobile phones first started to be the thing you had to have as a teenager, in the early 2000's. Everyone used short text language, and yet (pretty much) all of the people I know of my generation stopped with the advent of phones with qwerty keyboards and even more so when autocorrect came about. Although I still do find autocorrect to be 'ducking' annoying sometimes ;)

Yeah that and predictive text, although on most phones you can turn it off.

Still highly annoying though.

Cashiers who are too nosy about what it is you're buying. I buy a doll or a stuffed animal and they ask "Who is this for?", and I get embarrassed because I have to answer "me". Or I buy craft supplies and fabric and they ask me what I'm planning to make with it.

And these days you can't just pay for your things and go, they ask you all kinds of annoying questions like do you have their store's credit card, do you want their store's credit card, what's your phone number, what's email address (I almost never give it to them because I don't want a ton of junk mail), would you like to donate to whatever, would you would you would you AUUUGGH!!:mad:

Cashiers who are too nosy about what it is you're buying. I buy a doll or a stuffed animal and they ask "Who is this for?", and I get embarrassed because I have to answer "me". Or I buy craft supplies and fabric and they ask me what I'm planning to make with it.

And these days you can't just pay for your things and go, they ask you all kinds of annoying questions like do you have their store's credit card, do you want their store's credit card, what's your phone number, what's email address (I almost never give it to them because I don't want a ton of junk mail), would you like to donate to whatever, would you would you would you AUUUGGH!!:mad:

What you say about the phone number reminds me of some of Bill Burr's stand-up comedy (warning - bad language):
( 14:12 - 15:46 of this video - Bill Burr 'Let It Go' Show )

I can't watch the video, it's been blocked because of copyright issues.
Speaking of annoying things, thanks a lot YouTube.:rage:

Ok, I am one of those working at a American nationally franchised very well known “big box” store that would ask you those things.

First, because arts and crafts are my passion, and I am excited and interested in what your creative idea is, I would ask you about your purchase.

I am also instructed by my bosses to engage customers, be friendly and chat with them! I am being friendly!

Last but not least, we are mandated by our company to ask you all that annoying email and credit card stuff. If we don’t, and the boss walks by and observes this- we can be written up, and or fired if we keep avoiding asking you!

So please try to understand this. I am not “ being nosy!” It’s called good customer service. :)

Last edited:
I am ever more super annoyed at shoppers not replacing things properly in shelves, and or where they found them. Frozen foods left in the clothing aisle- C’mon people!!!

Plants not only left not in the plant section, but fallen over, roots exposed, and soil all over the place. C’mon people!

I am super annoyed at people who rip open seed packets and steal all the seeds, and leave the packets.

I am really angry at people who leave seed packets outdoors (not where they got them from) and it rains...destroying the seeds and the paper packets they come in.

I am super annoyed when people break the stems of lovely plants due to their clumsiness, and it destroys the plant.

I am super annoyed when people steal a single plant out of a multipack- what are they doing putting a tiny soil laden plant in their pocket or purse? It destroys the ability for the store to sell the rest of the plants.

I am super annoyed at parents not monitoring their children, who run unsupervised all over the store, taking things out and leaving them all over the floors.

These things really outrage me and I am really trying NOT to hate all people.

When you can't watch the entire series of a show because some of the episodes are missing/unavailable/destroyed.

I've had this issue with the anime series Esper Mami recently. I've only been able to watch 21 episodes (out of 119) plus the movie - which is a shame because I was actually enjoying it a lot.
It seems that a lot of the episodes were on YouTube with English Subtitles, but the majority have been removed now and with the cost of the entire series on Amazon at nearly £600 just for the used version (with no mention of whether or not it has English Subtitles), I doubt I'll be watching the full series anytime soon.

Another example is Doctor Who, with a lot of the old episodes missing. Thankfully the BBC is partially rectifying this with using the original audio and created an animated version of the stories such as with "The Power of the Daleks".
However, this hasn't been done with all of them yet and for some it might not be possible.

not Yet able to replicate that ‘new car smell’ with any of the valeting products I’ve used to date.

New Threads

Top Bottom