• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Art work that is spread across more than one canvas. The break in the image feels to me like prison bars blocking the view and interrupting the flow.

View attachment 27786
ff58c6a7be8039a5c149155c3ef9864c.jpg

I actually like that look, here is my herd. Tom Russell (the folk singer) acrylics.

ff58c6a7be8039a5c149155c3ef9864c.jpg

I actually like that look, here is my herd. Tom Russell (the folk singer) acrylics.

I don't mind the appearance of having a number of paintings arranged in a grid, where each painting is complete in its own right, but of a similar theme/related to the others, for example, I have a group of eight, roughly A5 sized photos of sky images arranged on my wall.

It's where one complete image, especially in the landscape format and of a subject that generally exists in a large expanse, such as the sea or sky, has been cut into sections, that I feel the flow and movement of an image has been restricted.

The arrangement of the four Tom Russell acrylics works well, in part, I think, due to the fact that each is of the same subject matter, done in the same style although with enough variation to make having four of them interesting. In this sense, it reminds me a little of some of Andy Warhol's artwork.

upload_2016-10-2_16-25-0.png

Vinca
That was a good explanation.
Now I understand. {I think I do.}
I think the part you don't like is
the same for me.
I don't like seeing scenery chopped up/
displayed in sections with a gap in between.

But....grids of identical or extremely similar
images next to each other are fine. Interesting
and satisfying to look at and compare.

I don't mind the appearance of having a number of paintings arranged in a grid, where each painting is complete in its own right, but of a similar theme/related to the others, for example, I have a group of eight, roughly A5 sized photos of sky images arranged on my wall.

It's where one complete image, especially in the landscape format and of a subject that generally exists in a large expanse, such as the sea or sky, has been cut into sections, that I feel the flow and movement of an image has been restricted.

The arrangement of the four Tom Russell acrylics works well, in part, I think, due to the fact that each is of the same subject matter, done in the same style although with enough variation to make having four of them interesting. In this sense, it reminds me a little of some of Andy Warhol's artwork.

View attachment 28596
Being one who has hung out in Pittsburgh,I have been to The Andy Warhol Museum several times. Years ago,I hung out with Mike Warhola and my mom was friends with Mrs. Warhola.Andy dropped the a as artistic license. It has been stated that Andy grew up in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh,the actual family was from the Floreffe area which was very local to where I was raised. Andy was instrumental in the launch of The Velvet Underground which was fairly important to the punk rock movement in the USA

There was an interview on the radio this morning with a doctor in Syria. It felt like half an hour, but was probably only 10 minutes. Every 's' was drawn out into a harsh whistle. Hardest thing to listen to in a long time. Not sure even how he does it it, nor why they didn't fix the audio. Or maybe its just me.

View attachment 28596
Great explanation, I've always been a fan of Warhol

Andy Warhol :confused: Meh! the modern art movement that made possible for all fine artists to get payed $ 5 for a painting that took 2 months to do....o_O

Sorry! Nitro:( former Art Major

Andy Warhol :confused: Meh! the modern art movement that made possible for all fine artists to get payed $ 5 for a painting that took 2 months to do....o_O

Sorry! Nitro:( former Art Major
Warhol wasn't a great artist,he was instrumental in pop art more on the lines of a graphic artist. My point I was making was that his family was local to mine in the bigger picture. I find him interesting because he was actually a part of the area I grew up in and I had ties with his family on a personal level. I am not really a fan of his "art"

Mr WereBear and I were watching old Star Trek: Original Series and I pointed out that they were an incredible FIFTY SIX minutes long! I just cannot handle ads any more. I don't read books and newspapers and watch internet TV and satellite radio a without ads. It has gotten outrageous, and they don't even vary the ads! It's the same five ones every time.

Mr WereBear and I were watching old Star Trek: Original Series and I pointed out that they were an incredible FIFTY SIX minutes long! I just cannot handle ads any more. I don't read books and newspapers and watch internet TV and satellite radio a without ads. It has gotten outrageous, and they don't even vary the ads! It's the same five ones every time.

My wife and I usually watch TV in the evening. However, everything that we watch is prerecorded. We record the shows that we like ahead of time and fast-forward through the commercials. It takes 40 to 45 minutes to watch a 1 hour show, depending on the channel. I think it is kind of spooky the way that they track you on the internet. Lately I have been researching generator sets online and now the adds on my home page have gen sets. Advertisements are very annoying.

There was an interview on the radio this morning with a doctor in Syria. It felt like half an hour, but was probably only 10 minutes. Every 's' was drawn out into a harsh whistle. Hardest thing to listen to in a long time. Not sure even how he does it it, nor why they didn't fix the audio. Or maybe its just me.

I can't stand whistle-y 's's and 't's! I like listening to podcasts, but if anyone whistles their consonants (or breathes loudly), I'm done.

When listening to my favorite classical music station and the announcer has a sticky voice. Since I usually listen with earphones, it sounds like he is talking right in my ear, complete with moist noises. It makes me cringe!

When listening to my favorite classical music station and the announcer has a sticky voice. Since I usually listen with earphones, it sounds like he is talking right in my ear, complete with moist noises. It makes me cringe!

Sticky voice is a very good descriptor-- I hate that, too!

Your post reminds me of that fateful day when I discovered my National Geographic magazines, in that rich photographic print paper were literally 50% advertising. I cancelled my subscription.

:mask:Scented laundry products ought to be outlawed. I just had to shut my window because somebody upstairs is doing laundry and they must be using a ton of synthetic scented stuff since it was wafting into my living room window. I gagged! Why is is that clean laundry must also be scented laundry? I can't go out until they are done, because there is a huge pocket of scented air hovering by my front door as well. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I get irked when I see a familiar product with "new improved flavour" on it, and you can be sure that its not improved just the opposite, why can't they leave things alone if they are perfectly good to start with?

I get irked when I see a familiar product with "new improved flavour" on it, and you can be sure that its not improved just the opposite, why can't they leave things alone if they are perfectly good to start with?
New improved flavor Laughingowl1975 ,means the New Improved CEO is watering the product line down with cheap garbage so he can flash a profit bump to the share holders to trick them out of a pay $ bonus.
Never mind the fact the company will tank big time on sales in 5 years, he will be off on the run to a new company to ruin....waving his early profit increases as proof he is a rising CEO hot shot.

Welcome to the New America....no longer the land of God....now we are the land of Grifters.

God help us all!:confused:

New improved flavor Laughingowl1975 ,means the New Improved CEO is watering the product line down with cheap garbage so he can flash a profit bump to the share holders to trick them out of a pay $ bonus.
Never mind the fact the company will tank big time on sales in 5 years, he will be off on the run to a new company to ruin....waving his early profit increases as proof he is a rising CEO hot shot.

Welcome to the New America....no longer the land of God....now we are the land of Grifters.

God help us all!:confused:
And have you noticed that things are being packaged with less product, for more money? We noticed that the box of trash bags that we bought seem oddly too short for our can. Turns out that the are manufacturing them with less material, hence the shorter bags. We have had to roll up some old towels in the bottom of the can so that the trash bag will stop caving in every time we deposit trash in it! And other products that would hold about eight items a package have been reduced to seven but at a higher price. Grifters is a good word for it!:(

New Threads

Top Bottom