• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ladies: What is Your Definition of a "Nice" Guy?

Ooops sorry Nitro! you are not included you are nice!
s-l400.jpg

Patient, loves nature, non-violent, very physically affectionate, loyal, intelligent, open-minded, protective of me, reasonably confident, not a sociopath, tolerant of my eccentricities, and knows when to tell me to shut the **** up. ;)
I think I can fill that bill...now could you just shut the **** up ;):p:D

Oh! now look what you have done Nitro, I have to buy a Harley and wear only Black for the rest of my life...:p.....don't do that last bit with Kestrel:confused: never met a guy yet who walked away in one piece after telling a Lady to shut up..........Baaad! Idea!
It is sweet of Kestrel tho...for being that considerate to offer...:)
I might Kiss or Hug the lady or something:)....not going to tell her to shut up!:eek:......:mad:!

Nitro's Dead!.......:p

Oh! now look what you have done Nitro, I have to buy a Harley and wear only Black for the rest of my life...:p.....don't do that last bit with Kestrel:confused: never met a guy yet who walked away in one piece after telling a Lady to shut up..........Baaad! Idea!
It is sweet of Kestrel tho...for being that considerate to offer...:)
I might Kiss or Hug the lady or something:)....not going to tell her to shut up!:eek:......:mad:!

Nitro's Dead!.......:p
What? lolz and all that stuff...do ya think I'm stooopid ? :p

You'll find somebody nice Nitro

whoa you nice guys are joking around right. I am taken by a fellow aspie.
Actually,I'm not even looking...I have too much baggage to expect another to put up with me :p

Good point Judge When, as communicating humans we use these descriptive words (nice, bad, affectionate, etc) there is a huge chance for misunderstanding.
They - the words - have been laden with not only society's various meanings but with an individual's subjective meanings. Our intent is to communicate and specifically to share, to expose the inner workings of an often emotional landscape.
Here we can try to temporarily escape the boxes and pushing and shoving of society.

These descriptive words get jumbled up and changed. Sometimes I think that my grandchildren speak a different language. Does bad mean good or does it mean, well, bad? I do not know what they are saying part of time. At least my wife and I speak the same language.

For me, a nice guy is calm, gentle, patient, calm, honest, affectionate, calm, responsible, empathetic, calm,
reliable, flexible, calm....
.... laid-back, low energy, easygoing, tranquil, sedate, .... well, okay, c-a-l-m. :D

To me, a nice guy not only has all the qualities described above, but also does not feel entitled to my body, or that I owe him sex or a romantic relationship. He may be disappointed if I want to be just friends, and that's fine, but he doesn't attack me or anything for it. He respects me as a person.

My view is in online dating most of the nice milk toast guys get no hits while the same 5 skirt chasing sociopathic users have ladies lined up around the block...because they look strong and manly and aggressive....but they don't bring the bacon home....just tears....Bad Boys are just plain Bad to the bone.

There are a lot of bad people in the world, and even more stupid ones.

How does one be a nice guy and a bad boy at the same time? The Rayner is finding this idea confusing.

There's a kind of guy who is both. He is usually unattainable, and that just adds to his glamour. Your character in HGWT, Paladin, embodies both nice guy and bad boy traits.

What are the traits that my man Paladin, has that would make him both a nice guy and a bad boy?

There's a kind of guy who is both. He is usually unattainable, and that just adds to his glamour. Your character in HGWT, Paladin, embodies both nice guy and bad boy traits.

Ok that's sort of makes sense. Now for the next question what constitutes a bad boy. Man this relationship stuff is hard.:p:D

I think a "bad boy" is usually thought of as exciting, daring, irresponsible, immature and mainly egocentric. He typically looks appealing and has a high level of confidence. He may or may not have money. The sleaziest bad boys use their bravado to lure women into providing for them. The thing that makes a bad boy bad is that he uses people and has very little regard for the feelings of others.

When a man is both "nice" and "bad," he usually manifests only the more positive traits of both.

New Threads

Top Bottom