• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just for fun--you might be aspie IF--

You get in trouble at work for doing exactly what's asked of you.

(Boss asked me yesterday to make 12 of this packet that had to go to a meeting. I make 12, send them on their way. Today- why didn't you make us an extra copy?! Um, you said 12, I make 12 /shrug )

You miss the days when the only people who used computers were the ones who knew how they worked.

You spend your entire time at a party wondering how soon you can leave without seeming rude.

You know how to do anything--except get a job.

If wearing any facial expression other than flat neutral expressionlessness takes an effort, looks really weird, seems pointless & makes your facial muscles sore, you are probably an Aspie.

You think the fire door is alarmed!

Hah this reminded me of my dad.
When I was maybe 4-5 years old, he would get exasperated with me and say "Cerulean, I don't want to argue". I heard "I don't want to arg you", which judging by his tone sounded like a terrible thing, so I would get upset and say "daddy don't arg me!!"

If wearing any facial expression other than flat neutral expressionlessness takes an effort, looks really weird, seems pointless & makes your facial muscles sore, you are probably an Aspie.
Lol I remember going to a friends house and she had family over. I was introduced to everyone and smiled as I met them. Never have I smiled so much in my life. My face hurt after xD

You might be an Aspie IF:
You go to a party and end up focusing on a videogame/movie/etc while everyone else is more focused on socializing

More party stuff:

...if you attend in social gathering events on occasion just because you think it's good thing to reveal your presence like once a year, or just because you hope to catch a good anecdote from there to tell others later, but not because you want to go there or interact with anyone.

You stand for 30 minutes in your closet trying to decide what shirt to wear and when you finally find "It", you have to change the rest of your clothes because they do not match.

Heh, I was seeing my brother's newborn son at the maternity hospital, and was asked if I'd ever seen as cute little baby before. My answer was that I didn't think it was cute, but yes, I'd never seen anyone that young, as it was well known it had bee born just three hours ago obviously.

...you just tend to be rude unintentionally.

If the thrift store sells such an amazing variety of black clothes...but for some weird reason the mall doesn't.

If the pile of stuff covering the floor of your room is methodically arranged, with books and hard stuff closer to the walls and clothes forming a path to the bathroom so that you don't hurt your feet when you walk...

If you wear sandals (with a jacket) in the snow.
and a jacket (with sandals) in the summer.

You go into the kitchen to make a slice of toast. It seems to be taking forever...then you realize that you never plugged the toaster in. You plug it in & press the button....the damned thing still is taking forever....then you realize that you never put the bread into the slot. So you do that, press the button, then unplug the toaster since leaving an appliance plugged in wastes energy....then it occurs to you that you are still hungry because said toaster does not work unless it is plugged in. You decide, "F%@K THAT!" this entire toast business is just too damned complicated; so you eat left-over microwave popcorn instead.

You repeatedly get asked, "why do you keep repeating yourself?" or if you're often told to "stop going on and on about the same thing".

New Threads

Top Bottom