• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

in desperate need of some advice...

It's possible. I regulate it better when I'm paying attention. I don't get loud or stubble over words nearly as often as I used to, unless I'm under lots of stress, which making phone calls does to me!

It's possible. I regulate it better when I'm paying attention. I don't get loud or stubble over words nearly as often as I used to, unless I'm under lots of stress, which making phone calls does to me!

I had the same issue it gave me gray hair in my early twenties. Perhaps the only ability or skill I gained from my jobs on the phone is proper speaking in a professional voice.

I'm also tongue tied which makes it harder for me to talk since I use my teeth

I had the same issue it gave me gray hair in my early twenties. Perhaps the only ability or skill I gained from my jobs on the phone is proper speaking in a professional voice.

I'm also tongue tied which makes it harder for me to talk since I use my teeth
I never had trouble with the physical part of taking, it was always the mental that tripped me up. Thinking of something else, thinking ahead of what I was saying, getting everything jumbled up...

I never had trouble with the physical part of taking, it was always the mental that tripped me up. Thinking of something else, thinking ahead of what I was saying, getting everything jumbled up...

Yeah that's the not so fun part of communicating. Already thinking out and imagining your conversation and then the moment of truth comes and you just stumble.

I find using scripts for certain typical situation works often

Yeah that's the not so fun part of communicating. Already thinking out and imagining your conversation and then the moment of truth comes and you just stumble.

I find using scripts for certain typical situation works often
Most of my conversations are scripted as much as I can, but it's difficult for more dynamic conversations

Most of my conversations are scripted as much as I can, but it's difficult for more dynamic conversations

I always wondered what it would be like for two Autistic people to communicate in person. My son is autistic as well we gesture each other a lot and you can see and hear him get frustrated when he doesn't understand what people are saying.

Today when I was posting our earlier topics I was at his speech therapy a non verbal seven year old autistic girl started tugging on me and we gestured each other to communicate. I'd hate to think what the mother was thinking

I always wondered what it would be like for two Autistic people to communicate in person. My son is autistic as well we gesture each other a lot and you can see and hear him get frustrated when he doesn't understand what people are saying.

Today when I was posting our earlier topics I was at his speech therapy a non verbal seven year old autistic girl started tugging on me and we gestured each other to communicate. I'd hate to think what the mother was thinking
I tend to gesture or make vague noises and be generally non verbal when I'm past my energy level for the day or can't find words to say what I'm feeling. My husband is starting to understand a bit but it's still difficult for him

I tend to gesture or make vague noises and be generally non verbal when I'm past my energy level for the day or can't find words to say what I'm feeling. My husband is starting to understand a bit but it's still difficult for him

One step at a time. My situation is different my wife doesn't care and used our situation for a green card. I wish I could get people to understand out situation but that's a question I'm still trying to figure out myself

One step at a time. My situation is different my wife doesn't care and used our situation for a green card. I wish I could get people to understand out situation but that's a question I'm still trying to figure out myself
He's been my biggest supporter. He always says that we're just waiting for the doctors to tell us what we already know. He was hesitant at first, but he looked at the criteria, and back at me, and now he has no doubt.

Jess,

I saw your private message and responded, but now I see here that you may have already found some leads.

If you still need my help, just answer the questions I sent and I'll get on it for you.

Jess,

I saw your private message and responded, but now I see here that you may have already found some leads.

If you still need my help, just answer the questions I sent and I'll get on it for you.
I did find a few leads,but also answered the questions. I can use any help I can get! I struggle with this kind of stuff a lot

I did find a few leads,but also answered the questions. I can use any help I can get! I struggle with this kind of stuff a lot

The assessment process can be a serious pain in the butt from the very start. Ideally, you want to find a psychologist who has a lot of experience with ASDs. There's usually at least a handful in every state. It's not always easy figuring out who and where they are, though. I'll certainly do what I can for you. ;)

There is a tendency for medical professionals to see in you what they specialize in. They have bills to pay, etc. And HFA can be hard to distinguish from other things. But that's where this counselor should be referring you to a doctor that can make a diagnosis. A good medical professional looks into all the possibilities.

Hey guys!
I'm so proud of myself!
I got brave today and asked my GP about assessment, and it turns out that there's a neuropsychologist that works in his practice and he is referring me to her! I'm so excited! And he's working on the meds issue with me!
XD

New Threads

Top Bottom