• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Im new here, not too sure what to expect

Hey friends! I actually never ever heard of this site until today, but decided to give it a shot :). I have the unique thing of being both on the autistic spectrum and also being transgender. I am 23 years old and an MtF who is currently living in Canada. I am actually moving from Ontario to Manitoba soon. I was diagonsed with Aspergers at the age of 15. I have been somewhat active in transgender forums but I have never been on an autisim forum. I guess I am just here to meet others and maybe even make a friend or two :). Sorry about my super lame introduction but im not really sure what to put. Thanks for reading <3
Hi nice to meet you.

Hey friends! I actually never ever heard of this site until today, but decided to give it a shot :). I have the unique thing of being both on the autistic spectrum and also being transgender. I am 23 years old and an MtF who is currently living in Canada. I am actually moving from Ontario to Manitoba soon. I was diagonsed with Aspergers at the age of 15. I have been somewhat active in transgender forums but I have never been on an autisim forum. I guess I am just here to meet others and maybe even make a friend or two :). Sorry about my super lame introduction but im not really sure what to put. Thanks for reading <3
hi sailormars1994,welcome to AC.
im transgender to,albeit ftm, and i attend a support/social group for people with intellectual disability who are trans or gay,its the only thing that makes my dysphoria feel a bit better for two days after the meeting,i recommend finding an ASD LGBT group-OR starting one if you can,you might be surprised and find quite a few people join,i know its very common for autists to identify as LGBT.

hi sailormars1994,welcome to AC.
im transgender to,albeit ftm, and i attend a support/social group for people with intellectual disability who are trans or gay,its the only thing that makes my dysphoria feel a bit better for two days after the meeting,i recommend finding an ASD LGBT group-OR starting one if you can,you might be surprised and find quite a few people join,i know its very common for autists to identify as LGBT.
Thank you so much for the nice warm welcome. I wasnt too sure how often an ASD person idenitied as LGBT. I have seen a lot of FtMs have ASD too but i only know like 2 other MtFs with same diagnosis. I live in a small town but am going to a bigger city this summer so maybe there i can find a group or two :)

Welcome. As I'm sure you know we all have superpowers here. Mine is manipulating cereal floating in bowls. What's yours?

giphy.gif

Welcome.

I am new also.

I admire how you introduced yourself.

I appreciate how warmly you were welcomed.

Also not certain what to expect here, I vicariously enjoyed your risk and its reception.

Nice.

You are, perhaps, not so unique as you think. I am not diagnosed, but am also MtF. I have also met several Asperger's diagnosed individuals through the trans community. Granted, most of the individuals were FtM, but the rate of incidence seems greater than insignificant.

1st Corinthians 13
love is patient love is kind, love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude, love is not irritable and keeps no record of when it has been wronged
it is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
love never gives up, never loses faith , is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance

New Threads

Top Bottom