• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm a Newbie

Fancy Fidgets

Greetings! My name is Rebecca and I'm a 29 year old tennis pro with Asperger's. I'm your new neighbor in the community :) This is actually the first Asperger's/autism blog I have ever posted on and I look forward to being able to receive answers and advice from others who can relate to what I'm going through as an adult with Asperger's. I didn't get an official diagnosis until 2011 when I was having difficulty adjusting to a new job at a country club. Although the diagnosis was a relief, I feel like coping with adult life is only getting more and more difficult. I have trouble making friends, and I often allow the wrong kinds of people into my life because I get so desperate and lonely. Sometimes the really nasty folks slip under the radar because I'm so easily deceived. The last man I was with ended up severely abusing me. About 6 months ago I broke both of my wrists jumping from my apartment on the third floor after he had tortured me for three days straight. I don't want to admit the things that he did, but it was enough to make jumping from 35 feet seem better than staying in that apartment.

Anyways this is just supposed to be an intro so I should quit pouring my heart out. Life is hard sometimes but what's done is done. I'm alive and that's what matters.

Welcome to AC Fancy Fidgets :)

Find your way around and enjoy the friendly help here.
We have a nice reference area and you are among your peers At AspiesCentral.

Sorry to hear you have had a troubled past. :(

Welcome :)

Our members are generally quite friendly and helpful here, so I hope you can learn to call this place home.

After reading your story, I recommend taking a look at this book. No pressure, but I found it helpful myself: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com
Thank
Welcome :)

Our members are generally quite friendly and helpful here, so I hope you can learn to call this place home.

After reading your story, I recommend taking a look at this book. No pressure, but I found it helpful myself: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Thank you! I will look into it.

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Did you ever report your ex to the police?

Hello Fancy, and welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. You are among friends here, and this is a safe place. We are thrilled that you have decided to join our family.

Hi Rebecca welcome! I'm so glad you joined us. I hope your wrists are going to be okay. I'm so sorry to hear about that AWFUL Boyfriend of yours.

Hi Rebecca welcome! I'm so glad you joined us. I hope your wrists are going to be okay. I'm so sorry to hear about that AWFUL Boyfriend of yours.
Sorry AspieSam, just felt I should point out that this thread is an old one :p

New Threads

Top Bottom