• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If real men can't hit women, why women can hit men?

Hitting anyone is wrong, and a woman hitting a man when it is not self defense but abuse is very wrong, men are people too and are human and have emotions! Being abusive to your man and beating him for not doing what you want is abuse and bullying! Mental abuse following with you constantly telling him he is worthless and useless does not help either, it causes him more pain but since you take pleasure in that if you do you an abusive woman just like an abusive man! Abuse is abuse and being abusive to men is not justified neither is being abusive towards women!Feminism wont cover abuse towards men but only women but as a humanist I cover both! Men get abused too just like women! They are human beings as well and have emotions just like women so dont treat them like sub human, it is just like them treating you the same!If you laugh at a man committing suicide after years of abuse you are a monster! Same applies to the other gender if the same happened to her! Sorry if I went to far, I said what is needed to be said as a male survivor of domestic violence and abuse by a woman, I am a rare case but it happens, I was also sexually abused as well by the same woman.Nobody deserves to be beat or abused whether it is a woman or a man!People dont need to be hist or treated like **** regardless of gender and is an issue for both and should be equally addressed!In the end people are people and dont abuse or bully them.

Last edited:
I might get hate for this but it is not ok for a woman to hit a man unless it is self defense from a man making unwanted advances, if he is not and your beating and hitting him and abusing him it is wrong!Bullying him and threatening him if he does not do what you want and controlling him it is abuse! And that is where it is wrong, if you beat a man for not having sex with you enough it is wrong let alone anything that does not threaten your well being but in the favor of what you want!Controlling him and telling him he is worthless and treating him as a slave without consent and stabbing him is wrong as well!If your beating your man for not doing what you want and not out of self defense you are doing wrong and should be ashamed of yourself! Would you beat your own son? Would you beat your brother uncle or father for fun? Men are people too and human beings! Just like women, and men can have emotional breakdowns like women do but are taught by society to man up and harden up and it does alot of harm to them mentally!You can blame patriarchy even though it may harm men or not or the better cause would be to blame society as a whole on this ordeal, it hurts everyone both men and women, women can let their emotions fly while men are not expected to and when they do they get ridiculed by society and laughed at.

Last edited:
I'm staying out of this.....but I have learned the hard way to be wary of abused Damsels in distress :cry:.... sometimes a Dragons :dragonface: mouth is waiting to snap shut on you if you get too close.

I'm staying out of this.....but I have learned the hard way to be wary of abused Damsels in distress :cry:.... sometimes a Dragons :dragonface: mouth is waiting to snap shut on you if you get too close.
Maybe it is time to leave those same damsels in distress because they brought it on themselves? Because they planned it all along and it is a trap to leave you in distress?

Maybe it is time to leave those same damsels in distress because they brought it on themselves? Because they planned it all along and it is a trap to leave you in distress?
It is good to be careful, not everything looks like what is, abusers are very clever at hiding in plain sight.

And soft aspies with poor people reading skills are easy prey to them.

IMO raising a fist to a Woman in ANY situation is completely and utterly wrong on every possible level, even if the Woman deserves a slap, don't do it.

Deserves a slap? So, even though physical violence is never acceptable, there are times when some people "deserve" such despicable treatment? What kind of behaviour must a person engage in to "deserve" to be slapped?

I ask these questions because I myself, when I was very young and had never even heard of things like Asperger's Syndrome and autism, would be slapped for simply being who I was. The people who did it would say I was being "rude", or "disrespectful", or "too noisy" or use some equally lame and stupid excuse. Those who engage in such behaviour are despicable low-lifes who really need to be euthanised as soon as possible.

Deserves a slap? So, even though physical violence is never acceptable, there are times when some people "deserve" such despicable treatment? What kind of behaviour must a person engage in to "deserve" to be slapped?

I ask these questions because I myself, when I was very young and had never even heard of things like Asperger's Syndrome and autism, would be slapped for simply being who I was. The people who did it would say I was being "rude", or "disrespectful", or "too noisy" or use some equally lame and stupid excuse. Those who engage in such behaviour are despicable low-lifes who really need to be euthanised as soon as possible.
I made that mistake and have to deal with that for the rest of my life with a gift of PTSD and severe depression as a result and fuel to agoraphobia, Im not making that mistake ever again.

Women shouldn't be hitting men. If a woman is beating on a guy, he is strong enough to restrain her without having to hit her back to get her to stop. It's like you wouldn't hit your child if you were a lot bigger and stronger than them if they were kicking and hitting you so what do you do? You restrain them than fighting back and beating them up in self defense.

My ex boyfriend knew how to defend himself again women, if one tried to hit him, he would grab their hand and swing them around. That's how you do it.

Yep. I don't know of any assault and battery statutes in my country that have provisions regarding one's gender.
yes but the cops press charges on women way less for hitting guys.....some women are quite bad they even use knives and stuff on their guys.

Abuse is abuse regardless of what gender is doling it out. I was the damsel in distress when my boyfriend put his arms through my opened driver side window and choked me, hit me, stalked me, and terrorized me on a daily basis until I finally found some courage to leave him. But, I never once retaliated by putting my hands on him. I never fought back. Please don't ignore damsels in distress; not all of us are the same. I didn't bring it on myself. I was abandoned and this boyfriend is the son of a dear woman who took me in when I had nobody and I dated her son because I felt like we were a great match and because I desperately needed a mother figure. However, I was wrong to think that her son would treat me like she did. Nobody deserves a slap, or a hit, or a shove. JUST WALK AWAY!

Once upon a time, when women were less empowered, domestic violence was considered to be a private matter between the couple and the police often weren't called, and on the few times they did, it was generally dismissed.

I can't account for why some people think it's worse for women to hit men than the other way around, other than some sort of twisted, sexist idea of "gallantry."

Probably because those outdated notions still linger today, maybe men feel less inclined to report abuse by a female partner because it feels emasculating to them. I *almost* feel sorry for them. Violence is violence, period. Not acceptable.

yes but the cops press charges on women way less for hitting guys.....some women are quite bad they even use knives and stuff on their guys.

Maybe in your neighborhood. It depends on the jurisdiction. In my state in a domestic dispute, the party who lands the first blow goes to jail regardless of gender. They just look for injuries...not the POV from a man or a woman. And if both of them have obvious signs of injury, they both go to jail.

Separate accommodations, of course. ;)

Last edited:
If someone is physically hitting you or trying to physically hit you, especially if you are an adult and not in high school or below anymore, what you need to do is get up and leave the vicinity immediately. Take all your belongings out and do not associate yourself with that person. If it's your place, kick that other person out. Warn that you will call the police if you have to and follow through if they don't leave and/or listen to what you say. You need to stand up for yourself somehow in these kind of situations.

New Threads

Top Bottom