• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If real men can't hit women, why women can hit men?

I am stating no hitting back. Did you understand this? I say to not ignore them assaulting you...by calling police.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I agree if an adult attacks you, you should call the police. As for a child, it depends on their maturity and the level of danger. Police these days have a reputation for overreacting.

If real men can't hit women, why women can hit men and get away with it?
Well, I have my own difficulties trying to relate to anyone, I know I "am meant" to treat women more delicately (not that anyone I meet at first needs any "delicate" treat from mine part, because... do anyone treat me goodly anyway?), but so far I haven't been able to properly do so no matter how much I try. This is why, so far, most if not all of my "friends" are all male. But even yet, I always try to give respect. Just like with anyone else out there, to myself I am not superior nor inferior to anybody, nor anyone else is superior nor inferior to my person. Equal respect.
If anyone on my same level tries to force me to do something "because I got to do it", I will reply back unless I am given a good enough reason for it. Yes, overall I am a pretty passive guy, however, if a woman hits me for not obeying what she says, don't expect I am going to just sit there and let it happen. Really, I already have my own issues, and really, this would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Does not anyone ever see what she ****ing does to me? Do not call me a damn fag. She's invincible!
It's not right for anyone to hit anyone else.

But if someone hits you first, you are within your right to protect yourself, be that a man or a woman. If I uppercut a bloke in the face I would fully expect one back.

Because hitting a woman who smacked you over something stupid (like a cart blowing in the wind at the grocery store) could be an overreaction or could cause more trouble than just taking the slap. I would likely call the police, but I would not punch her. I may or may not press charges, and may or may not go to court. I would have to think about it. An apology would likely make me forget about the situation.

Because hitting a woman who smacked you over something stupid (like a cart blowing in the wind at the grocery store) could be an overreaction or could cause more trouble than just taking the slap. I would likely call the police, but I would not punch her. I may or may not press charges, and may or may not go to court. I would have to think about it. An apology would likely make me forget about the situation.

I understand what a headache it is to press charges. Going to court, police reports and all. But if you do not, you are ACCEPTING her behavior of assualting you!

I have worked with domestic violence victims. I can tell you that for years they would “accept the little slap” and “forgive” their assaulters. When it became much more serious, then they realized that they never should have “forgiven” their assaulters in the first place. NOassault should be forgiven...no matter what, from whom, or what circumstances. Especially women, who have been know to regularly assault their husbands, and the husbands have extreme difficulties in getting protections from the law and shelters. I say absolutely NO “forgiveness” for females who think they can slap, pinch, hit and destroy the property of men because they “know” they can get away with it. Please do NOT encourage them any further!

I understand what a headache it is to press charges. Going to court, police reports and all. But if you do not, you are ACCEPTING her behavior of assualting you!

I have worked with domestic violence victims. I can tell you that for years they would “accept the little slap” and “forgive” their assaulters. When it became much more serious, then they realized that they never should have “forgiven” their assaulters in the first place. NOassault should be forgiven...no matter what, from whom, or what circumstances. Especially women, who have been know to regularly assault their husbands, and the husbands have extreme difficulties in getting protections from the law and shelters. I say absolutely NO “forgiveness” for females who think they can slap, pinch, hit and destroy the property of men because they “know” they can get away with it. Please do NOT encourage them any further!

There's an instituional level of thought in police forces.

It's not always about what the law is.

They will be extremely ready to believe it is the man's fault and will likely 'threaten' or cajole to discourage further action.

Even if they chose to prosecute how sympathetic would a court be?

I think his position is more realistic, ie reality based.

There's an instituional level of thought in police forces.

It's not always about what the law is.

They will be extremely ready to believe it is the man's fault and will likely 'threaten' or cajole to discourage further action.

Even if they chose to prosecute how sympathetic would a court be?

I think his position is more realistic, ie reality based.

If a woman assaults you, and you do not hurt her, you are saying that police will find him guilty of something? Or...are men just afraid due to societal conditioning, that they might be accused even when it is not warranted?

Sort of when a black person is doing nothing wrong and still gets stopped and arrested? Happens all the time in America!

Sometimes it is more profitable to move on. Sometimes it is not.

I have been raped. It did not stop me when I saw three big guys trying to rape a meek little Korean girl who did not speak English. I was not about to allow that happen even though it was certainly an enormous personal risk for my own safety. I did not even think to wait while police were called and we had no cell phones back in the 1970s.

I am not about to allow anyone from engaging in something that is against my moral compass. I refuse to ignore, or move on when something bad is happening. Period. People- especially females that are used to assualting others and getting away with it - will not when I am around. It’s all too common. Police are being trained to understand that females can assault and do just as much damage. I do not know where you live- maybe it’s different there.

I call police whenever possible to at least have a record made.

New Threads

Top Bottom