• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ideas which make no sense

Keith

For years I've come up with ideas which only made sense when they first came to mind. I have ideas like "If they had more advertising, admission would be cheaper." or something like that. It baffles everyone and I have trouble rewording it only to have to be explained how implausible it is.

Have you tried drawing pictures of your ideas?
Maybe the connection/flow toward the concept would
be easier to explain if images were involved.

It was an idea like this that ended up in the realisation of me being an Aspie.

I was reading on one of my Google treks that the human brain was shrinking. There were a lot of people saying that this proves "idiocracy" but I know that Flynns effect means each generations IQ is about 2.9 points more than the previous generation so intuitively I felt that this was incorrect.

I then was looking at the change in skulls and noticed that the skull seems to flatten more in the back. This led me to look at the brain structures to figure out what structures may change that would manouver the skull as such. I noticed that the Temporal Lobe could fit that description.

I know that I have a structural change in my hippocampus that led to my TLE. In fact 35 percent of the people I know have TLE suggesting that they too may have this structural change.

I then looked at the functions of the hippocampus. It has a lot to do with memory and spacial awareness. So what would change that structure? My brain jumps to navigation. We no longer need to remember large pieces of land or maps in our head. When did this start happening? When we started taking 3 dimensional thoughts and putting them into 2 dimensional drawings (cave paintings). When did this happen? Between 30 000 to 20 000 years ago. And when did our brains start shrinking? Between 30 000 to 20 000 years ago. There is a plausible correlation.

I then researched hippocampus next stage of human evolution and I was brought to Autism. Which I then did the AQ quiz for fun and found that I had many neurodiverse traits. Weird round about and hard to explain without retracing my brains steps.

New Threads

Top Bottom