• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I thought this video about autism traits is interesting

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I watched this video and I think it’s cool to learn about ourselves as autistic individuals. I closely have all these traits and love to eat the same food everyday. I’m gonna link it and see if anyone else likes the video. Please share what you think.

I watched this video and I think it’s cool to learn about ourselves as autistic individuals. I closely have all these traits and love to eat the same food everyday. I’m gonna link it and see if anyone else likes the video. Please share what you think.

I really like Paul, from Autism From The Inside. I would love to meet him someday. We have some great Autism advocates here in Australia, him among them.

The YouTuber lists so many allegedly 'autistic' traits, that even the family dog could be considered autistic.

:rolleyes:

Never let a YouTube video do your thinking for you.

I'd be cautious about those videos. A lot of traits seem to apply because they apply to most humans. Examples: Having good or bad memory, always wanting to understand why (listen any two-year old), enjoying repetition (think of anything you like to do), relating more to animals (ask any pet owner), finding inappropriate things funny (most raunchy shows), hating fluorescent lights (I'm yet to find anybody who likes them, but that's different than having a sensitivity), imitating other people (ask any teenager), having a favorite thing (my dogs fits too), hating brushing teeth (does anybody enjoy it?), two-speed productivity (so vague any life experience fits)...

I'm sure he has good intentions but it's also objectively misleading.

Reminds of personality tests. Any letter combination would appear to fit because of the vagueness of the statements:

The YouTuber lists so many allegedly 'autistic' traits, that even the family dog could be considered autistic.

:rolleyes:

Never let a YouTube video do your thinking for you.

I genuinely wonder if one of my Chihuahuas is on the spectrum or 'something' neurodivergent canine speaking. She is loving one moment and then a snarling monster trying to bite me whenever I put on her sweater. 15 years. 15 years this kind of stuff has been going on. :D

She is loving one moment and then a snarling monster trying to bite me whenever I put on her sweater.
Well, did you consult her about her fashion choices regarding sweaters?

Is she a pastel stripes sort of pup or a black knitted sweater with skulls kind of gal? Maybe she is just telling you that you chose the wrong sweater for her keen fashion sense. If someone tried to dress me in something pink and frilly, I would become a snarling monster, too. :blush:

New Threads

Top Bottom