• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I made an apple pie today!

Masked Man

0.jpeg
0-1.jpeg

Made entirely from scratch. I peeled and sliced 8 apples, made the filling, and made the dough/crust as well. I did mess up on the first dough/crust and had to redo it, so this is not my best work, but I'm sure it will taste good with some vanilla ice cream later.

Now that looks yummy! I'm jealous! :) Vanilla ice cream too! If you ever get the chance, try Cornish clotted cream ice-cream next time you make an apple pie (if you can get it where you live). It's a revelation! :)

Now that looks yummy! I'm jealous! :) Vanilla ice cream too! If you ever get the chance, try Cornish clotted cream ice-cream next time you make an apple pie (if you can get it where you live). It's a revelation! :)
Oh that sounds fantastic! Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I can't get that here - I'm limited to the American ice creams. My relatives in Toronto I think can get it though, so next time they visit I'll ask them to bring it.

That's a beautifully cooked crust. My mouth is watering, and l am just thinking how great that is. My grandma always baked apple pies (frozen) when l came over. I miss her so much.

That's a beautifully cooked crust. My mouth is watering, and l am just thinking how great that is. My grandma always baked apple pies (frozen) when l came over. I miss her so much.
I wish I could have had a grandma who did things like this for me. My family was kind of poor so grandma wasn't actually a very nice person. I feel like I missed out on that nice part of grandparents, so I learned to do some of the things that nice grandparents do for their grandkids, and now I do them for myself.

Nice! Tomorrow I will be baking two Pumpkin Pies to take to Christmas dinner. I have the pumpkin prepped and will just mix with spices, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk, then bake. Pretty simple.

The fruit pies I like are Michigan Tart Cherries with none of the syrupy glop, just packed with cherries. This year, though, I canned a lot of Tart cherry jam to have with blintzes that I like making for some breakfasts.

Last edited:
Nice! Tomorrow I will be baking two Pumpkin Pies to take to Christmas dinner. I have the pumpkin prepped and will just mix with spices, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk, then bake. Pretty simple.

The fruit pies I like are Michigan Tart Cherries with none of the syrupy glop, just packed with cherries. This year, though, I canned a lot of Tart cherry jam to have with blintzes that I like making for some breakfasts.
I actually have a big bag of frozen pie cherries in my freezer. I love cherry pie too but I'm saving those to make a lattice top pie.

For your pumpkin pie, did you use canned pumpkin or is it from an actual pie pumpkin? I have not made either one, so I'm curious how they may differ in taste.

I actually have a big bag of frozen pie cherries in my freezer. I love cherry pie too but I'm saving those to make a lattice top pie.

For your pumpkin pie, did you use canned pumpkin or is it from an actual pie pumpkin? I have not made either one, so I'm curious how they may differ in taste.
I used a pie pumpkin that I processed in the microwave since my stovetop just went kaput and I am waiting for a new one. It is a little more aromatic than canned pumpkin which is enhanced by the allspice in the mix.

I used a pie pumpkin that I processed in the microwave since my stovetop just went kaput and I am waiting for a new one. It is a little more aromatic than canned pumpkin which is enhanced by the allspice in the mix.
Wow, I want to try that, I bet that tastes fantastic

My Italien great-grandmother always added extra vanilla to her pumpkin pie. So l do the same.
You can almost never go wrong with vanilla. i have 2 bottles of homemade vanilla extract i bottled in early October. I can't wait to be able to use them.

One time l made a pumpkin pie to impress my friend. I used hazelnut liquor in pumpkin mix and l used macadamia nuts chopped fine in crust. It was a giant hit. Apple pie is a little bit tougher to play with and change up. But vanilla beans soaking in bourbon actually may add a great flavor complexity
to apple pie @Gerald Wilgus .

If you eat too much cake, it is the sin of gluttony. It is OK to eat too much pie because the sin of pie is zero.

New Threads

Top Bottom