• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love eccentrics. They are like a breath of fresh air.

I adore being around people who revel in their being. It IS a breath of fresh air. A Balinese friend's 7 yo son went on a field trip to a farm. All the other kids did the 'right' thing of orderly trying the farm equipment. Not Mr A. HE decided to go bathing in the thick mud. His mum sent me a picture. I am not sure if my heart has ever recovered from the melting it took. Most beautiful moment ever.

I can't help but smile with this topic. What a community!

If eccentrics are a breath of fresh air, I am happy to say that I'm a hurricane. :tonguewink:
Better to be a nerd than one of the herd!

I'm a crazy cat lady, though I consider it my "hobby." I spend lots of time, money and effort trapping feral cats for spay/neuter and release, and then making sure they are fed and cared for. I just can't get into recreational hobbies, so this is what I do.

If doing what others in the NT world judge to be quirky, foolish, against the tide, alternative lifestyle and just plain wrong is eccentric, then that'd be me.

Last edited:
I'm a crazy cat lady, though I consider it my "hobby." I spend lots of time, money and effort trapping feral cats for spay/neuter and release, and then making sure they are fed and cared for. I just can't get into recreational hobbies, so this is what I do.
don't you love it when a cat meows to get fed?

I do not consider my self as eccentric, but I think that most who know me, would consider me to be eccentric, because I hate conforming to what is the norm. A silly illustration: If all females wore their hair down, I would wear mine up and visa verse.

Despite shyness and always wanting peace, I know that I am not seen as a peaceful person, because if I think something is wrong, I cannot just nod along and pretend and thus, do come across as argumentative. But the reality is that it is because the person I am speaking with demands that their way is right and yet, I am the one who is condemned for demanding the samee thing and thus, I would be stamped as eccentric, when actually I am not one bit eccentric. I am a very traditional woman, but not stupid tradition, if I see that it is pointless now.

I am 46 and have not lost the inner child; it does not take that much to get me smiling and laughing!

That would be me. Almost. Except I'm not a woman and lately I use stereotypes in how I dress, get my hair cut but that works because I have a reason for it. GoT? Nah. Not watching. House of Cards? Not watching either. Any trend? Not following. :p

Tradition is important. Hence my Slavic names on forum etc. I haven't been called eccentric per se, but got questions like "is that your real name?" or "what kind of name is that?"

Very eccentric me, long blonde hair, wear weird clothes, sing all the time, skips around , collect weird things... And more :)

New Threads

Top Bottom