• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love eccentrics. They are like a breath of fresh air.

I'm not rich enough to be considered eccentric...most just say I am crazy :p

I don't really think of myself as eccentric but I'm extremely sarcastic (think Chandler Bing) and argumentative, most people just want me to shut up, I think. And although I don't steer conversations into this direction, I like to talk about mental conditions like personality disorders, the schizophrenia spectrum and autism a lot. I also like to talk about computer games and the industry a lot too which is always certainly the case with my best friend. This sounds almost masturbatory, I'll stop now.

I do not consider my self as eccentric, but I think that most who know me, would consider me to be eccentric, because I hate conforming to what is the norm. A silly illustration: If all females wore their hair down, I would wear mine up and visa verse.

Despite shyness and always wanting peace, I know that I am not seen as a peaceful person, because if I think something is wrong, I cannot just nod along and pretend and thus, do come across as argumentative. But the reality is that it is because the person I am speaking with demands that their way is right and yet, I am the one who is condemned for demanding the samee thing and thus, I would be stamped as eccentric, when actually I am not one bit eccentric. I am a very traditional woman, but not stupid tradition, if I see that it is pointless now.

I am 46 and have not lost the inner child; it does not take that much to get me smiling and laughing!

I don't really think of myself as eccentric but I'm extremely sarcastic (think Chandler Bing) and argumentative, most people just want me to shut up, I think. And although I don't steer conversations into this direction, I like to talk about mental conditions like personality disorders, the schizophrenia spectrum and autism a lot. I also like to talk about computer games and the industry a lot too which is always certainly the case with my best friend. This sounds almost masturbatory, I'll stop now.
Hahaha[emoji23]

Sure, but I think you are only eccentric if you don't know it - it has to be pointed out by others, and then you don't compute. So, it has been pointed out that I am very different as a professor, and have eccentric teaching methods, but I don't agree. I think I am normal and my methods are normal, everyone else is abnormal, in fact staid. I like living in a psychedelic world and that must play out into my life and surrounds. But, as already pointed out, if you are Aspie/autistic or schizophrenic then you classify as eccentric - that would be society's polite way of putting it.

I've been called eccentric. I myself can tell I'm different than the average person. A lot of people are surprised around me because they expect people to act a certain way and I don't fit, and I think it's up to the people whether they like it or not. Some like me for who I am and like it (almost as if it is an incentive to be around me) and others simply don't get it and would like to keep their distance.

New Threads

Top Bottom