• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have the worst job for an autistic person ever

When that's pretty much all I have, yup, it's a big deal. Nobody cares about anything except whats on your resume, the job market is hugely competitive. Lots of smart people, what matters is your experience, and my experience consists of selling calendars and dog training-- not exactly helpful to the government. And if I stayed with this internship until the end I'd have been added to a database where I'd get an email every time a job opening comes up with the national democratic party (my dream job) and our field directors try to help us get the jobs.

But now I am seriously considering taking an extra semester and changing my major back to film. I can't tell if this is a good idea or if I am just having a nervous breakdown from all the stress. I've actually had to start taking valium just to be able to get out of bed, so it's tough to judge my thought processes at the moment. I was film originally but decided it was too impractical given my debt load (and changing is certainly impractical given that ill be a senior in a month), but it tempts me back every time I go to the movie theater. It's like that expression... "I love you, but I'm not IN love with you." I love political science, I really do. But I think I might be in love with film. And CLEARLY I am going to be in poverty anyway. XD So we'll see I guess. I wonder if one is any more suited for an aspie than the other. I think my aspie way of thinking makes me a great fit for poli sci, and a harder fit for film, but if the world finds out I am autistic who knows if they'll ever elect me to government anyway. I have until the 24th to decide.

Hmm. Sounds like a 'sticky' situation, really. I can sort of relate. Music has always sort of been my thing - I love music, but after doing two years of music at college i'm now ditching it to pursue law/psychology at college instead. Tough call, but needs must. I've had big changes in the past concerning my career which I believe to be AS... that or they're spontaneous. I wanted to do music tech, then music tech in america, then be a regiment gunner in the RAF, then a pilot in the RAF, then music tech here again, now law/psychology. :) Hoping I've made the right decision... well. Even if I haven't, I'm gonna see it through! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom