• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have a little problem...

I'm not getting what you want to come from the situation. Are you trying to explain away the reason you have high blood pressure only in the office, or are you looking to get a date from this nurse?

I'm trying to guage whether telling her would have a positive affect on my relationship with the two of them. Explaining the high blood pressure, the tripping over my words. Maybe it wouldn't even matter. Like I said I'm probably over-thinking it.

You mentioned that they already think you have the white coat problem which explains the high blood pressure so that problems solved.

I can only say from my experience, that I've had some patients (male of course) say something and from then on the nurse-patient relationship was affected. I have
even had to send my aide into the room instead of me for small things the patient wanted (because the patient would ask for "things" just to make me have to
come back in the room) because the situation was so uncomfortable from what the patient had said. If you do say something, just be ready for the situation to POSSIBLY be changed if she doesn't take it well. If you're looking for a date, ask her outside the clinical setting.

{edited in-sometimes when you try to help someone it just flies in your face...honestly f*ck it, why should I care? If someone is that stubborn to not want to learn then so be it.}

[post erased]

Okay. Thanks, I appreciate your perspective.

Last edited:
I think I'm signing off this thread now, my thanks to all you kind and helpful folks, I'll post here with any news.

Last edited:
Hey goodgravy, don't want to be insensitive to you here, but it's been my experience many times it's better not to say anything. Unless she's asking a lot of questions about you/your hobbies, flirting with her eyes that goes beyond professional politeness [I know, hard to tell when we are Aspies] or offering you her phone number, don't say anything!

Angela has a great suggestion. Besides it's a relationship [your GP and workers] you don't want to mess up and make awkward. Recently happened to me; an RN going to school to be a Nurse Practioner doing an internship at my Doctors office. First time she gave me the EYES with a fantastic smile. My heart fluttered...and I had to wonder and decided she was just being professional and kind.

The 2nd time I was with her she again appeared [yeah women, I know...] to maybe like me [in my wildest dreams.] But I noticed a bit of annoyance from her [we read my xrays together on a computer screen] and as I supsected, it's all a professional appearance. Not flirting...so I'm glad I didn't say anything and go over the boundaries.

I admire her for going after the Nurse Practitioner degree and in a professional way told her. I believe we just like each other as people. I respect her for her knowledge.

If this is an RN, they are pretty high in the medical hiearchy and very knowledgable technicians. They demand respect based on their knowledge. If it's an MA [medical assistant] or other medical personnel, same thing applies. So many of us guys [myself included] sometimes have a difficult time understanding if they are really flirting with us. Or just being polite and doing their job.

Rant over... :-0 Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But if she looks anything like my Nurse Practioner...may God, Budhha or Zeus help you!

PS: I know because in the past I made similar mistakes

Yeah don't just listen to me. I'm always the guy going, "Do it!!!!! Go for it!!!!" Just so you know....

I have a massive crush on the nurse in my doctor's office and she obviously knows it (I'm bipolar and ADHD and I go to my GP for all my psychiatric needs). Anyway, I'm in there a lot lately fine tuning my medication regimen, every two weeks as I'm getting ready to get a job once I'm feeling well enough. She always comes in and takes my weight and blood pressure and gets a brief update before I speak with the doc, but it's hard to get the words out cause she is sooo hot and definitely out of my league. I have high blood pressure due to acute anxiety and am currently on eight different medications, one of which is Klonopin, and my blood pressure is just fine outside the doctor's office... but in the doctor's office it often spikes up to 160-180. It's kind of embarrassing, haha.

I'm just a bit concerned that there is some level of suspicion that I'm abusing my medications or getting high on something else, but I'm so not doing that..... I partied harder than anyone I knew in my late teens and they both know this. I currently take Adderall and Klonopin and could quite easily be getting high if I wanted to but I only take it as prescribed.

Could I get some input? Thanks! :)
It is quite common to have elevated blood pressure readings in a stressful situation such as a doctors office. Trust me when I say that they are aware of this. Do not worry, relax and enjoy that you are getting good care (and a good view).

New Threads

Top Bottom