• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have a little problem...

goodgravy

I have a massive crush on the nurse in my doctor's office and she obviously knows it (I'm bipolar and ADHD and I go to my GP for all my psychiatric needs). Anyway, I'm in there a lot lately fine tuning my medication regimen, every two weeks as I'm getting ready to get a job once I'm feeling well enough. She always comes in and takes my weight and blood pressure and gets a brief update before I speak with the doc, but it's hard to get the words out cause she is sooo hot and definitely out of my league. I have high blood pressure due to acute anxiety and am currently on eight different medications, one of which is Klonopin, and my blood pressure is just fine outside the doctor's office... but in the doctor's office it often spikes up to 160-180. It's kind of embarrassing, haha.

I'm just a bit concerned that there is some level of suspicion that I'm abusing my medications or getting high on something else, but I'm so not doing that..... I partied harder than anyone I knew in my late teens and they both know this. I currently take Adderall and Klonopin and could quite easily be getting high if I wanted to but I only take it as prescribed.

Could I get some input? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
The most immediate and obvious advice I can give is to bring it up with your GP, just so he knows what's going on with what sounds like the abnormal readings he is looking at. He might be able to assign a different nurse, or do the weight and blood pressure readings himself.

Nah ... i'd say don't bring it up to your GP. You obviously like the hot nurse and you'd not want her to be replaced by another one. You are happy around her and this is a really good thing.

I say just go grab yourself a blood pressure machine like this one :
Nature Spirit Advanced Digital Blood Pressure - Walmart.com

It records up to 60 readings .. your Doctor will be happy to be able to go back in time and see the reading you took at home ... AND more importantly, you keep the hot nurse. :) ... who knows .. maybe one day you'll ask her out.

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of going to the dentist where they routinely take my blood pressure.

Them: "Your blood pressure seems a bit elevated."
Me: "Under the present circumstances I'm not surprised. Are you?"

Nothing to be ashamed of. If she's cute, she's used to it, and you're probably not the only patient that reacts that way. You should tell your GP. And since she's completely out of your league, there's no reason to take it seriously. Defuse the situation by telling her, as if it's all a joke. Just out yourself and say that your vitals aren't normal when she's taking them and explain why. She'll probably find it funny, in a kind way. If there's a problem with it from then on, it will be hers. You'll be more comfortable, at least. She won't have a problem with your involuntary response, as long as you make it clear there's no intentions or expectations on your part, as a result.

Yeah. I know. Maybe you're right, I dunno what the heck to do. Maybe sticking my head in a bucket of ice water will help clear things up.

There ya go! Courage and all that. It may be humiliating, but it's already that, isn't it? You'll feel better, she might feel a little queasy (from one who also has the unfortunate tendency to shop well out of his league). A little humiliation never killed anyone. I'm of the opinion that aspies need to take themselves, and life in general, less seriously. Figurative pie in the face helps in that direction. Let us know how it goes.

Hmmmmmmm. God, I don't know. I have told both of them I thought I had white coat several sessions ago, and they agreed with me. My lack of ability to articulate myself has really only been an issue the last two sessions for some reason.

I could be over-thinking all of this, but it seems to me that my undisclosed crush on her might be having an affect on the dynamics between the three of us........... my doc and I have a great relationship - he trusts my judgement and self-awareness and he lets me try out different medications. My lack of ability to articulate myself does carry right over to speaking with him, though. He seems a bit more awkward or something around me the last couple of sessions. Meh. She is always very kind and friendly to me, telling me it's good to see me and such, and I don't anticipate any awkwardness on my end after telling her, and the thought of telling her doesn't scare me. Meh, I can see it from multiple angles. No way to know how it would affect things.

Last edited:
I'm not getting what you want to come from the situation. Are you trying to explain away the reason you have high blood pressure only in the office, or are you looking to get a date from this nurse?

New Threads

Top Bottom