• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hope and another special milestone

Nitro

Admin/Immoral Turpitude
Staff member
Admin
V.I.P Member
Celebrate with me today and smile knowing there is always hope in the world.

Today marks the fourth anniversary of what started out to be a very tragic event for me. Two fine and upstanding individuals places a common sofa across the lane of travel in a sudden dip in the roadway as a prank to "get" a car. Well,they missed their mark and I was involved in an accident with my Harley-Davidson Sportster instead.
Witnesses at the accident scene said there was evidence of me taking appropriate actions to avoid it,but I clipped it with a foot peg and it screwed me into a sidewalk. The bike survived the wreck fairly well with only minor damages to it...me...not so well. The badass that I think I am was found walking upright and trying to gather his senses as I looked over my bike and the scene by a nurse on her way home from work. As I have been told,I was refused my lifeflight because they said I refused to sit down and was carted to the hospital standing in the ambulance. My family decided that the prognosis for my recovery was very grim and may never let me out of my coma. My family said that I would not tolerate what I had become if left to live and had me removed from life support. My funeral arrangements were made and they chose my final box...my exwife was given my riding boots to use for a floral arrangement near my coffin...About a week after being removed from support,I came out of my coma and saw my old friend Robin sitting on a death vigil for her soon to be departed friend...I asked her what the f she was doing in the room...she told me about my wreck...I asked her if I was dead...she said no,but ya died twice so far...then she ran out of the room crying as she phoned my sister to announce that I had responded to her and thought she should get her butt to the hospital to see me...my sister told her that the doc said I was a very strong and healthy man and would probably fuss and kick from time to time for about a month...Robin told he she was mistaken about that and told her I was asking questions...Robin then said twenty minutes later my entire family showed up and had me placed back on support again...The next year and a half was a living nightmare of institutionalization between the hospital,the nursing home and then brain injury rehab. Reduced to only a shred of my former self that could not walk,use my left arm,read or even see properly,something shined down on me and provided me with my disability and gave me my new life of retirement...the first few months back on my own were a bit of a struggle,but one by one I got to cross the bad events off the charts and adjusted to the new problems I had...heck,just 18 days shy of my second crash anniversary,I got to ride the very bike that was involved in the wreck :cool: I learned to walk,read,use my arm and see properly again,tossed all of my pill routine into the toilet and started to pick up the pieces that were scattered around me.
This was all fueled by hope of better times.

Move forward,never look back and conquer the world...if today is a bad one,hope for a better tomorrow
Hope is the only thing you were ever given that no one can ever take from you.
I had to go to the great beyond to find this out,and maybe some of you will not understand it at first,but life is a very short and fragile event with little time to waste.

Do not take this as a cry for pity,it was never my intention...What I am preaching here is about hope and struggles and a story with a very happy ending :)

Now go out there and kick your troubles in the ass like ya mean it ! :p

Thanks to gonzerd for posting this music video that applies here

I believe there is a reason you are still here my friend, and I am grateful for it. I believe in a greater power, and in a greater purpose. Today I celebrate both, and that you are here for us.

I believe there is a reason you are still here my friend, and I am grateful for it. I believe in a greater power, and in a greater purpose. Today I celebrate both, and that you are here for us.
I feel my purpose here is to help others who are in our spectrum...thank you

New Threads

Top Bottom