• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hola!

It was a long time ago that it was mentioned to me. I'm trying to find the money for a new assessment. Sadly it's over $2000 for one here, unless you're in the children's system. I feel like as long as I know I was once diagnosed I'm fine. I don't get any services for it so getting diagnosed again probably isn't worth it.

I'm always happy to have the NHS, but it's only when I hear how expensive it is for people who live in a country where there isn't a free healthcare system that I realise much we take the NHS for granted.

I live in Canada. Healthcare is free here, for the most part. The dentist and eye doctor aren't free, and sadly neither are psychologists unless it's through the children's hospital. Psychiatrists are free, but my current one won't run the testing for autism for me. She'd rather put me on Clozapine for my "out of control and psychotic behaviour".

animated_welcome_image_0289.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom