• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Highly perceptive

ant

Does anyone feel like they can read a person within minutes of meeting them and make an instant decision of that person?

I don't know whether its just me or an aspie thing, but I seem to read people very quickly, I can tell if they're telling the truth, or being dishonest, and its not through visual things, its more by what people say and the way they say it, in most cases I'm right, to the point of annoyingly right (other peoples words not mine but not always 100%), and also to the point of telling that person, which of course causes lots of problems, but the way I see it, people shouldn't lie, my career is in music production, so I'm very tuned to sound, one of my problems is sensory overload, but with headphones I can control what I hear and i guess I'm just tuned that way so sound is very important to me, I'm wondering if I'm picking up the different tones in voices too?, anyway I was just wondering if it is just me or is it a common trait?

I sometimes get an immediate feeling of strong acceptance or strong aversion. I don't know them and can't read them, per se, it's more like I have an instant perception of the energy field and whether I want to participate in it. Once someone shook hands with me and a black veil dropped over his face. I later found out he was dying of HIV. Weird. This is part of why touching people, especially if I don't know them, is very hard. I don't like shaking hands at all.

I sometimes get an immediate feeling of strong acceptance or strong aversion. I don't know them and can't read them, per se, it's more like I have an instant perception of the energy field and whether I want to participate in it. Once someone shook hands with me and a black veil dropped over his face. I later found out he was dying of HIV. Weird. This is part of why touching people, especially if I don't know them, is very hard. I don't like shaking hands at all.

Yea, I also don't do the touching thing.

Many times. On top of this, I told people how this person really is and they don't believe me until the person unfold their true self months later. I pay close attention to everyone I communicate with.

Yes, I agree about the not touching thing. I have picked up "sticky" energy which is then hard to shake off, after shaking hands with someone I don't know. I have also gotten depressed or some other negative emotion after someone touches me accidentally. Sometimes I keep seeing the person's face long after I have been talking to them; if I feel badly when I keep seeing their faces, I know I am picking up bad vibes...

I don't think I'm especially perceptive when it comes to reading people. I can read body language and ascertain someones immediate intentions and moods, but that is hardly exceptional.

I don't think I'm especially perceptive when it comes to reading people. I can read body language and ascertain someones immediate intentions and moods, but that is hardly exceptional.
Its just as exceptional!!

I feel strong aversion to some sort of people.
And what is annoying is that I can make friends with only these kind of people...
It is pretty contradictory, but actually happens a lot, and at some point I realize that I might be bullied by them...

New Threads

Top Bottom