• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Everyone!

Martha Rose

Hi, I am Martha and I am the parent of a young adult (23 yo) who is diagnosed with Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder. Although this is no longer considered on the Spectrum by the 'book', I can assure everyone the disorder does not read the book. Looking to connect with other parents on how to deal with an adult child who does not acknowledge her diagnosis and is starting to make her own life decisions. The stress I feel is overwhelming sometimes. Thanks for listening!

1702476493064.png

Hello.

For many neurodivergent persons, the journey to self-discovery is what often what results in better understanding of oneself and one's needs.

For those who've had a diagnosis fostered upon them, especially if while young and/or unexpected, the journey can become more challenging.

Unless they're doing something that is risky or harmful, perhaps you may wish to consider giving them some space, while providing prompts that may allow them to eventually start their journey.

New Threads

Top Bottom